Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   anyone like my line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159425)

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-08-2004 10:52 PM

anyone like my line?

My flop plan was to check and call one bet, or checkraise a late position bettor.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

mr pink 12-08-2004 11:42 PM

Re: anyone like my line?

if you're gonna check/raise a late position bet on the flop, don't you have to follow it up with a bet on the turn no matter what card falls? at least that's how i normally play it, i guess you wiffed on the turn cause the checkraise didn't limit the field? i don't know if i like betting the river after checking the turn

Hack 12-08-2004 11:43 PM

Would a value raise here before the flop be correct? With so many limpers and all.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-08-2004 11:59 PM

I thought about this Hack, and decided against it at the time. I think raising preflop is probably a good idea in hindsight.

Hack 12-09-2004 12:01 AM

Why did you decide against it? Because of the number of people already in the hand and having bad position?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-09-2004 12:03 AM

I dunno, I felt like if I flopped top pair, the smaller pot would allow me to protect my hand better. This is probably weak-tight thinking, playing the hand like KJo instead of KJs. I'm interested to hear what others think.

nothumb 12-09-2004 12:07 AM

It's not weak-tight thinking, it's giving your opponents waaay too much credit. Manipulating pot size is usually not a real factor in a good .5/1 game, because nobody knows how big the pot is unless it's humongulous.

I raise preflop here, cause it's fun and has value.

I don't know if I like the flop check-raise. Don't feel strongly about it though. Since you did it, you must bet the turn, considering it's a blank. The fact that you didn't knock anyone out and are scared to bet the turn tells me that you probably shouldn't have c/r'ed in the first.

Don't like the river bet. Check/call one. A lot of aces are going to call but won't bet here.

NT

srt19170 12-09-2004 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I felt like if I flopped top pair, the smaller pot would allow me to protect my hand better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really have position to protect your hand, do you? You have to act first on the flop.

I play this hand pretty passively after the A comes on the flop. With this many players in the hand, there's almost certainly an A out there, so you've got to figure you're behind from the start. With 5 redraws to 2 pair or better you can call a bet on the flop but you probably fold the turn UI.

-- Scott

mr pink 12-09-2004 12:15 AM

i'd really be playing for the gutshot and any other kings if i was hero. the jacks can't be counted as full outs cause they put 4 to a straight on board. i'd check/call one and fold the turn UI.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-09-2004 12:22 AM

OK, so the consensus:

1) Raise preflop.
2) Check/call the flop.

Thanks guys, this hand felt weird from start to finish, and it's because I played it like poop.