Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Standard Hand 2: Whiffed Overcards OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159162)

GrunchCan 12-08-2004 01:15 PM

Standard Hand 2: Whiffed Overcards OOP

Common situation that is similar to this hand. But now, I am out of position and being out-muscled.

Typical PP 1/2 players.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-08-2004 01:20 PM

Re: Standard Hand 2: Whiffed Overcards OOP

Call and check-fold the turn unimproved. This is a little weak for my tastes, and I think the pot is big enough to warrant a call.

GrunchCan 12-08-2004 01:21 PM

Yes, I think your'e right.

John Paul 12-08-2004 01:30 PM

I would call and check fold unimproved as well

nyc999 12-08-2004 01:32 PM

Definitely call, UTG+1 may be pumping a flush draw, or have 1 pair and is trying to isolate.

srt19170 12-08-2004 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and check-fold the turn unimproved. This is a little weak for my tastes, and I think the pot is big enough to warrant a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got 6 outs to TPTK, so you need 7:1 to call, and you're getting that. (You've also got runner-runner to nut str8 which is worth another out or so.)

-- Scott

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie) 12-08-2004 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You've got 6 outs to TPTK, so you need 7:1 to call, and you're getting that. (You've also got runner-runner to nut str8 which is worth another out or so.)

-- Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

and backdoor flush

WSOP Bound 12-08-2004 01:43 PM

Why would you call here. You have 6 outs for TPTK, which may not be best hand so I'll count them as three outs. You have .5 out to the K high runner-runner flash. And about zero chance at the backdoor gutshot straight, especially with the two diamnds taking away some of your outs to that. Your facing a bet and a raise. I don't see how 3.5 outs justify calling two cold when your pot odds are about 5.25 to 1. Even with great implied odds I would have to release this.

topspin 12-08-2004 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your facing a bet and a raise. I don't see how 3.5 outs justify calling two cold when your pot odds are about 5.25 to 1. Even with great implied odds I would have to release this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's calling 1 bet into a 12SB pot closing the action. I also think you may be undervaluing the BD flush, but since it's a 1-carder I won't argue too hard. I'd call, especially considering he was the flop bettor.

DrBob 12-08-2004 01:47 PM

How do you justify counting the overcard outs as full outs? This is probably closer to 4-5 outs than 7.

In fact, I agree with calling the raise, but for other reasons than odds: You might see the river for free if he's not aggressive, he might be on a flush draw (you've got the best hand), it's noticeable to bet and fold the same round.