Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hey Yankees fans... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159161)

nolanfan34 12-08-2004 01:13 PM

Hey Yankees fans...

...Tony Womack and Jaret Wright...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun with that.

ThaSaltCracka 12-08-2004 01:31 PM

Re: Hey Yankees fans...

perplexing, womack is a step in the wrong direction. Looks like George is calling all the shots again. Wright will get rocked in NY without Mazzone(sp).

mmbt0ne 12-08-2004 01:38 PM

The Braves let Kevin Millwood go (yes, trading down for over 8 mil less is salary is the same as letting go) after a much better season than Wright just had, and look how he turned out. As much as I hate their "Making the playoffs is enough" attitude, I've never questioned them on a pitching move. Well, maybe Mike Hampton, but I think we only pay about $5.86 of his yearly salary (thanks Colorado and Florida).

kerssens 12-08-2004 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wright will get rocked in NY without Mazzone(sp).

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever they show that jackass rocking I want to chuck a cinderblock at him.

lu_hawk 12-08-2004 01:50 PM

Won't Womack just be Cairo's backup at second? There's no way Womack would start if Cairo is still on the team. And Wright was 15-8 3.28 last year.

ThaSaltCracka 12-08-2004 01:50 PM

dude, Hampton has been pretty effective while in ATL. Mazzone is an excellent pitching coach.

ThaSaltCracka 12-08-2004 01:53 PM

wright had a good year last year, but the Yankees have a history of getting pitchers from small markets that had good years, that just totally flop. I am not sure if Wright can be as good without Mazzone.

nolanfan34 12-08-2004 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Won't Womack just be Cairo's backup at second? There's no way Womack would start if Cairo is still on the team. And Wright was 15-8 3.28 last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Womack is apparently going to start at 2nd and bat leadoff.

Wright has had one good season out of his last 6. I was pretty nervous about the Mariners signing him for 3 yrs/$5 mil per, but the Yanks signing him for $22 mil is a bit of a stretch I think. He may be an effective pitcher, but he certainly has the ability to blow up in a game.

After Wright and Kris Benson sign for about $8 per year, guys like Pavano and Pedro must be jumping for joy.

IndieMatty 12-08-2004 02:27 PM

Absolutely annoyed with this. It it so hard being a "good" yankee fan. I hate this team, but I'm forced to root for them.

Their two F'ING bright spots last year was Jon Lieber down the stetch, and they are bringing in Wright instead of locking this guy up, who proved he could pitch.

Miggy Cairo was another one, a throwback to 96, did the little things, worked counts, clutch hits. Tony Womack is Kenny Lofton @ second.

Jaret Wright will be just like Chris Hammond with the Yankees. These mazzone guys do not do well away from ATL.

Horrible, horrible horrible.

I've been a Yankee fan all my life, and I seriously think I may end up as, well lets say a Brewers fan by 2006.

nolanfan34 12-08-2004 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been a Yankee fan all my life, and I seriously think I may end up as, well lets say a Brewers fan by 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be a lot of bandwagon Brewers fans by 2006, because they're going to have a sweet infield of Prince Fielder, Richie Weeks, JJ Hardy and I think probably Corey Hart by then. Young guns. If they can keep Ben Sheets in the fold, they actually should be decent by that point.

If, if, if....