Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Weird live 15/30 hand a friend played....... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=155949)

MrFeelNothin 12-01-2004 05:43 PM

Weird live 15/30 hand a friend played.......

15/30 at the local card club, UTG and BB were both described to me as rather tight and aggressive. I know nothing else.

UTG limps, 2 folds, Hero limps in MP with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded to BB who checks.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.
Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG raises, Hero ?

I have never played at stakes this high, but I don't like his flop check here with the set. I believe that he was thinking with the A out he would get no action on his bet, believing they probably would have led out with an A. Also, possibly getting one of them to take a stab at the pot on the turn since they are both somewhat aggro. So now b/c of the flop play Hero finds himself in a weird situation on the turn. Call/raise/fold and why. Thanks.

JinX11 12-01-2004 06:03 PM

Re: Weird live 15/30 hand a friend played.......

...raises.

If he has 2 clubs, so be it: I've still got 10 outs. If not, he's toast.

bisonbison 12-01-2004 06:14 PM

he's gotta bet the flop. draw heavy board, people are likely to call a last-position bet.

MarkL444 12-01-2004 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...raises.

If he has 2 clubs, so be it: I've still got 10 outs. If not, he's toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i agree. if either of them had 2 clubs theres a good chance they would have taken a shot at the flop in a 3-way pot.

MrFeelNothin 12-01-2004 07:02 PM

Exactly what I was thinking guys. I told him he was a weak-tight nit for playing the hand like he did. He folded the turn b/c he figured the pot was too small(4.66BBs) but I think this is pretty ridiculous b/c I know, being a tight aggressive player, I probably would have bet my flush draw on the flop. I also probably would have bet an A though, so it is kind of hard to put them on hands. So I guess he put the raiser on a flush, I still am not folding when I have so many outs, the more I think about this the more ridiculous it sounds. Turns out they both just had a pair of aces, I don't know what their kickers were or if they were clubs. I would imagine the raiser had something like AJ with the J clubs. weak-weak-weak.

Evan 12-01-2004 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He folded the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Not to be mean, but seriosuly, if this is the way he generally plays you'd be doing him a favor by telling him to stop playing 15/30.

MrFeelNothin 12-01-2004 07:46 PM

Well i always thought of him as an aggressive player, and I know hes a winning player online anyways so I was confused as well. He was quite distressed about this hand so im pretty sure its not normal play. I agree though this play does not belong in a 15/30 game.