Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Monday Night Football - help needed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=152322)

WC64 11-22-2004 06:02 PM

Monday Night Football - help needed

I need to pick tonights over/under and the game in order for me to win my pool at work.

Patriots are -3

Over/Under is 52

Thoughts anyone?

CCx 11-22-2004 06:25 PM

Re: Monday Night Football - help needed

I like the under for a medium bet, and I'd small bet the Chiefs at +3 or if one of my bookies gives it up at +3.5 right before the game, I'll move it to a medium bet.

Edit: Wow, looks like the line's been moved to 3.5, and the o/u is now 53.5 - Chiefs and the under for me.

MicroBob 11-22-2004 08:08 PM

since he said it's an office-pool I don't think 'medium' or 'small' bets apply.

the fact that the lines have moved probably doesn't apply for him either.

eggzz 11-22-2004 08:21 PM

Well Bob, we all know you don't work in an office, and since I do, I shall enlighten you that we offer small, medium, and large bet pools.

You can enter the $5 one, the $10 one, or the $20 one. We would need more information about this person's pool to determine if this is a small, medium, or extra large type play.

See what you are missing by setting your own work hours?!

Oh I dread going to work tomorrow, but hey, only two work days left! Woo hoo.

CCx 11-22-2004 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, bob, i didn't know the board police were patroling tonight - just trying to offer my perspective on the game - do you have any insight into the pick, or are you just roaming the boards looking to be a prick tonight?

MicroBob 11-23-2004 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or are you just roaming the boards looking to be a prick tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always roaming the boards looking to be a prick.
however I didn't think this was one of the times that I actually did that.
Just making an observation that he was in an office-pool and I wasn't sure whether size of bet applied.

WC64 11-23-2004 11:19 PM

Actually I guess this is a different type of office pool. We actually use www.wagerline.com to make our picks so line changes matter and we can put anywhere from 100 to 500 on a game and over/under or we can choose not to pick a game at all. By the way I took NE and the under [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but I still ended up losing, barely though.

eggzz 11-23-2004 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, bob, i didn't know the board police were patroling tonight - just trying to offer my perspective on the game - do you have any insight into the pick, or are you just roaming the boards looking to be a prick tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey new guy, back off a little will you? If Bob really wanted to be a prick he would have hounded you on your game of the year last night -- betting UNC HUUUGE because they would be pumped up playing in Chapel Hill, when they were really playing 4500 miles away in Hawaii. That was truly funny. I didn't rub it in yesterday because I didnt want to come off as a prick.

CCx 11-23-2004 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey new guy, back off a little will you? If Bob really wanted to be a prick he would have hounded you on your game of the year last night -- betting UNC HUUUGE because they would be pumped up playing in Chapel Hill, when they were really playing 4500 miles away in Hawaii. That was truly funny. I didn't rub it in yesterday because I didnt want to come off as a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, and I wish you would have said something, someone else already did in the post, it was a MISTAKE <gasp> - if you read the post, you'd see that was one of the reasons I mentioned it as my game of the year - there were about three or four other quality reasons in the post that I also liked it was a GOY - after I admitted my mistake, I still said I liked them to win by 30, and they won by 36. Sad because you didn't bet it?

And chill with this new guy isht, I been with the internets since eighty-FO, ya heard?!@ [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]