Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AQo in the BB makes me feel dirty. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=149450)

MoreWineII 11-15-2004 06:19 PM

AQo in the BB makes me feel dirty.

UB 3/6, loose (not too aggro) table.

Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] EP player limps, folded to CO who raises. Hero calls, limper calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero checks, limper checks, CO bets, hero calls, limper calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Check, check, bet, call, call.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Check, check, bet, call, call.

This line felt really weak. Comments?

LotusBoy 11-15-2004 06:54 PM

Re: AQo in the BB makes me feel dirty.

One the flop,
I guess if you are behind, you have 2 outs vs AA, AK, 99% dead vs KK&33, 5 outs again single K. K3 is v unlikely.
if you are ahead, others are drawing very slim.
So, I like your line. "win-2-lose-1" situation.
I am a newbie, please comment on my thinking..

MoreWineII 11-15-2004 07:15 PM

I wish I could tell you. This hand just felt wrong, hence the dirty comment. Anybody chime in with a preferable line?

Entity 11-15-2004 07:18 PM

How well would a way ahead / way behind line work in a multiway pot? I can't see you using position to your advantage to knock people out, so did you consider check/call, check/call, bet/fold?

Rob

MoreWineII 11-15-2004 07:23 PM

Can't say that I did. What advantages would this line have over the one I took?

Entity 11-15-2004 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't say that I did. What advantages would this line have over the one I took?

[/ QUOTE ]
On that board, the only one I can think of is that he won't check AJ or JJ behind, but part of me seriously doubts he's playing AJ/JJ that hard.

MoreWineII 11-15-2004 07:38 PM

You'd be surprised...

I really felt like I wanted to show the limper the door by confronting him with two cold at some point during the hand, but I was hesitant to put in more bets for fear CO had me beat...

Weak thinking? This PFR came from late position vs. one limper. Was I giving too much credit?

Nate tha' Great 11-15-2004 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weak thinking? This PFR came from late position vs. one limper. Was I giving too much credit?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he's loose enough that you're ahead on this board after he fires three times, you should have 3-bet preflop.

MoreWineII 11-15-2004 07:46 PM

I did. And I should have.