Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=149082)

pokersux 11-14-2004 07:22 PM

THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW

Per last post on other thread... I'll start a thread posting just problems..

We all know the infamous disappearing button bug party is infamous for.. Well I have had it happen 50% of my last group of ten hands, one was on KK - Doh !

Also, seems once I removed the opaque color (unchecked the box) I can't get it back...

P.S. Where is this getting data from he ptracker Database, or the H.H. folders? I am assuming the database.

AffleckKGB 11-14-2004 07:36 PM

Re: THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW

CR% is displaying incorrect numbers.

P.S. Awesome product.

NoChance 11-14-2004 07:37 PM

Delete Range is not working.

amirpc 11-14-2004 07:57 PM

Looking at all of these problems, the opaque problem we know about..you have to close PlayerView out and restart it.

pokersux 11-14-2004 08:03 PM

FWIW - The dissapearing button bug occured happened and I had it in debug mode... I noticed it states : Observing table XXXXX, hand XXXX ... o something to that extent.

In other words since I was browsing the web while playing and opened the table either right before it was my turn to act or after it was my turn to act the software made it seem as if I was 'observing' the table rather then playing at it. I am pretty sure that is where the problem lies.... If I can send you my debugging log let me know how to get it and I will e-mail it to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seems it is also occasionally saying

"Not drawing (playernamehere) playermarked as invalid"

For other players besides me, and says it every hand for me - Wouldn't hurt to show your own stats even though it isn't a big deal.

Expect a donation as soon as I recover from a bad night last night...

amirpc 11-14-2004 08:13 PM

Yea most of the debug text won't make sense to you that invalid stuff simply means that theres either no data in the database for that person, its being filtered out, or its you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Disappearing bug? Can you explain?

pokersux 11-14-2004 08:19 PM

This time it was the "Rapid Timer" big ... had AA and had 3 seconds mucked it before I could act <sigh> !

Dissapearing bug problem is notorious at party and skins. Basically you will be sitting there with your cards looking at them and watching your timer countdown before it folds your hand. In tournaments I think you can leave and come back, and the button reappears but I think that is only if it is before it is your turn to act. Not 100% sure about that either.

Edited Portion : Basically you can't call, check, raise, or fold.. The buttons are not there to do so.

Rapid Timer bug is a bug where u literally have about 3 - 10 seconds to act or it folds your hand, I have seen it go as low as 2 seconds to act for everyone (me included).

These are the 2 most severe bugs they have had at Party and can't seem to fix.. I'm sure your software is just making them occur more frequently due to some small code issue.

amirpc 11-14-2004 08:22 PM

I've seen neither of these nor heard of them before.

There is literally no way PlayerView could affect this. It does not modify PP it simply draws on top of it. PP can't even tell that I'm doing anything thats how little the interaction is.

I don't really know what to say about other than I'd reinstall PP and reboot my computer a few times. Sorry I can't be much help with that.

ode 11-14-2004 08:33 PM

Can't get the damn thing running.

I've installed .NET Framework 1.1 and SP1 for it. I've installed the MDAC 2.6 SP2.

Trying to open the PT database over network (I run PT on different computer than I play from), always getting error that it cannot be opened.

Here's what error.txt says :

System.InvalidOperationException: The .Net Data OLE DB Provider(System.Data.OleDb) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered
at System.Data.Common.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateIns tance(Guid rclsid, IntPtr pUnkOuter, Int32 dwClsContext, Guid riid)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceDa taLinks()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceMD AC()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateInstanceMD AC()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.GetObjectPool()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(O leDbConnectionString constr)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at PlayerViewNET.DBWrap.Open(String sPath)
at PlayerViewNET.Form1..ctor()

Oh yeah, running Windows XP /w SP2.

/ode

amirpc 11-14-2004 08:45 PM

You updated MDAC? Hrm...Thinking....