Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Consensus Needed: Caro's Book of Tells (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=146104)

oreogod 11-07-2004 08:25 PM

Consensus Needed: Caro\'s Book of Tells

I searched the boards, couldnt find anything, so I wanted to see what the concensus here was on Caro's Book of Tells.

I know sklansky states dont take every word as gospel -- but to those that have browsed or read it -- what do you make? Good, bad, or just ignore? Thanks in advance.

--Dustin

mcozzy1 11-07-2004 09:52 PM

Re: Consensus Needed: Caro\'s Book of Tells

Defintely read it. There's some good stuff in there. He gets a little carried away with the "value per hour" stats and stuff like that, but the book is a good place to start.

MEbenhoe 11-07-2004 09:54 PM

Don't overvalue the advice in this book, but it is a book that anyone who plays live poker consistently should have a working knowledge of.

ahanley 11-07-2004 10:19 PM

Ive read it a couple times over, and some the information might be pretty good, but i would say that it depends on the quality of players you play with. I think that most decent to expert players rarely exhibit any of these tells...but you may want to read it.

MattyGee 11-07-2004 11:31 PM

i read it. i loved it
it really helps with your live games. it makes you seem like a pro at you home games where you can read everyone. its like a whole new side of poker that i dont think that you can just ignore forever if you want to be the best that you can be... it will give you a huge edge in you live games GARENTEED!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Boylermaker 11-08-2004 01:58 PM

Its value lies not only in 'offense' but also in 'defense', as you will not only learn things to watch for in other players, but the things that other players will be watching you for.

ZManODS 11-08-2004 06:25 PM

this advice from someone who spells guarenteed - GARENTEED!!!

This will not make you a pro and be able to read everyone but the advice is helpful and will get you off on the right start.

larrondo 11-09-2004 12:19 AM

His writing style is sort of irritating, and it's redundant. I'd be tempted to say you could read enough of it in about an hour, in the bookstore, and get the gist.

After you've looked at it, Celebrity Poker on Bravo is a funny place to look for tells, because most of them are not good card players.

slickpoppa 11-09-2004 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this advice from someone who spells guarenteed - GARENTEED!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I love it when someone acts all smart and tries to correct another person's spelling and then spells the word incorrectly again. It is spelled: "guaranteed"

AngryCola 11-09-2004 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love it when someone acts all smart and tries to correct another person's spelling and then spells the word incorrectly again. It is spelled: "guaranteed"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Yes, the irony is extremely thick.

To the poster of the original thread:

Caro's Book of Poker Tells is a decent book. I mostly agree with everyone else who has posted a reply to your question. The book is good, just not great or revolutionary. Boylermaker was correct in saying that it's primary value is in informing you of what not to do. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]