Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   God must love me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=144475)

Brock Landers 11-03-2004 06:10 PM

God must love me

Last night on Party Poker, people were literally GIVING me their money. On 3 seperate hands, I felt like I was in that twilight zone episode where the compulsive gambler went to "heaven" and couldn't lose. This hand is incomprehensable:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed)

MP ($261.95)
Button ($80)
SB ($100)
BB ($244.2)
Hero ($296.7)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $2. Button posts a blind of $3. SB posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $1.
Button (poster) checks, SB (poster) checks, BB calls $2, Hero (poster) calls $1, MP (poster) checks.

Flop: ($11) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks, SB checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($11) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks, SB checks, BB checks.

River: ($11) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $24</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $76</font>.

This is where the converter messed up.

HERO then goes all-in. BB goes all-in.

Hero has a straight 10 to Ace. BB shows (10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])2 pair, 10's and 6's.

Hero wins $52.5 in side pot and $493.4 in the main pot.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

amoeba 11-03-2004 06:13 PM

Re: God must love me

something is wrong in your hand history.

emil3000 11-03-2004 06:30 PM

That is vastly pretty. He even had a decent stack to give away. I remember when i had like $150 stack on PP $50, flopped nut flush with aqs, and this fellow doubled me up on a bluff drawing dead. I just had to sit there and call all my money in with the nuts. But that's why we play on party.

fimbulwinter 11-03-2004 06:34 PM

nothing like the feeling of putting in a value bet on the river and getting repopped with rest of someone's stack who is desperately hoping for you to fold. I remember one time playing AA on a final board of AAK2K and getting my value bet re-raised tenfold all-in on the river by a guy holding 44. lovely.

LokiV 11-03-2004 06:35 PM

I don't understand why you are posting these. Good... work......

Brock Landers 11-03-2004 06:38 PM

You're absolutley right. It sometimes seems like these people have never played before. Is Party Poker the best site for these kind of players? I know this is the age old online poker question, but it's amazing sometimes.

Brock Landers 11-03-2004 06:50 PM

As this is the small stakes forum, I'm partially trying to show really how bad these $1/2 NL Party Poker players can be. Like a lot of others, I started at the $25 NL on Party. I was a little intimidated moving up to higher limits. I'm not saying the $100 game is high stakes or anything, but it can seem like that to some.

Another reason I posted is just for entertainment purposes (mainly my own).

Sorry if I wasted your time LokiV.

tdomeski 11-03-2004 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP posts a blind of $2. Button posts a blind of $3. SB posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $1.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh?

Brock Landers 11-03-2004 09:10 PM

I know. I don't know what's wrong. I'm pasting the HH directly from Poker Tracker when I call up the hand. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, everyone limped preflop ($2).

tdomeski 11-03-2004 09:14 PM

Converter must be screwed up. .

For a second there I thought you were playing 1-2-3 blinds $6 to go with a Mississippi Straddle. .

I was getting. .to say the least. .excited.