Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Two shitty hands. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=143660)

kongo_totte 11-02-2004 03:27 AM

Two shitty hands.

Hello. Yesterday was a really shitty poker day. I lost two $50 buy ins in 90 minutes and didn’t recover completely so the day ended with about a $50 loss. I hate loosing. After the week end ultra-fishy home games my game is usually at it’s lowest on Mondays, since the fish drag my game down in the water to their level (well, not really, I doubled up Saturday night being re-raised and then called PF when I pushed AA, opponent had 8 9 o, things like that all night). So, I doubt my play was right in the two following hands:

Hand 1. $0.5 BB. 7-8 handed.
I’m in BB with 66. My read on mp2 is that up until that point he is a frequent bluffer. And the way he bluffs is a bit unorthodox, he will re-re-re-re-re-raise HU with nothing. He will also try stealing pots by open betting post flop. I have about $50 and he’s got me covered.

MP2, CO and SB limps. I check

Flop 2 6 9 rainbow

SB checks
I check
CO bets for $2
Fold
Fold
I call

Turn is 4c.

I Raise $10
MP2 raises to $15
I Call

River is K (no flush possible)

I bet $10
He raises to $20
I push for about $22
He calls

Results later.

I usually don’t slow play sets when the board is even semi-dangerous, but I didn’t really see a hand on this board other than a higher set, especially since both blinds folded. Should I have pushed the turn? Or should I have just called or even folded the river? What hands do you put him on? All advice appreciated.

Hand 2

This hand I think I messed up even worse than hand one.
.50BB. 9 handed. I’m in MP with Ac Jc. Villain is UTG with about $30, I have him covered. No real read.

UTG limps
I limp
2 limpers behind me and BB checks

Flop As Ks Js

UTG bets 5.50
I raise to 12
Fold
Fold
Fold
UTG goes all in
I call

Turn 8s
River 3s

I really wasn’t thinking before calling here. After his opening bet I put him on A x, maybe x was a spade, but I later realized he could be on a variety of hands. AK? AJ? Right after I called I realized he probably had a low flush, wanting to protect it. How big underdog am I against a low flush here? I figured he could also be on nut flush draw, or flush draw+ straight draw. I really feel I shouldn’t have called his all in, but I’m also concerned if my re-raise on the flop was the correct move. Should I have called or folded or raised more? What is the probability of someone flopping a flush when 5 people see the flop and the flop is 1-suited?

Thanks in advance everyone

Yads 11-02-2004 04:19 PM

Re: Two shitty hands.

Not sure about hand 1, I think you played it ok.
Hand 2, I would fold this.

staunchdog 11-02-2004 05:00 PM

I think you played the first hand alright. No straight draw, no flush draw. The only thing he could have is a higher set and then you're basically going to lose all your money anyway, so why not give him a free card to induce the bluff? I think thats fine. If you lost that hand, you're just unlucky.

Hand 2: You flop 2 pair and raise out of position with a lot of players in the pot. I don't like this. With four or five guys in the hand, there's an excellent chance that someone already has the flush. I would check/fold. When you raised and someone reraised, that screams "I have the flush!" No point playing back at him. Again, get out...

smartalecc5 11-02-2004 05:42 PM

hand 1 he had 35o and hand 2 he prob had 78suited of spades.

my $.02 worth of guess

kongo_totte 11-02-2004 07:00 PM

Results

Thanks. Well. As I thought, hand one I played alright but I should have folded to UTGs push on hand two or even to his opening bet. hand 1 MP2 had 3 5 s, and hand 2 had Qs 6s. Who calls from UTG with Q 6? This is one of my problems, I sometimes can't believe the hands people limp with out of position. Guess you can expect any kind of weird hand playing .25/.25 online. Is it just me, or is villian in hand two playing his flopped nut straight awfully from UTG? Making a 2x pot sized bet when flopped the nuts. Especially since there is a good chance someone is on a straight draw. Well, he got me, which I'm pretty dissappointed in myself for.