Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA MONSTER pot. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=139039)

DocMartin 10-22-2004 06:20 AM

AA MONSTER pot.

Busted out of home tourney and loaded up PokerNow to work off a little bonus. Felt like I was along for the ride with no reads and only fear. What do you do when it gets this insane?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (30 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (40 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 52 BB

dr. klopek 10-22-2004 06:40 AM

Re: AA MONSTER pot.

what ride could you be along for? You played well, hit the nut flush, and got an insane amount of bets out of it. The board didn't pair, and I'm willing to bet no one in this hand has T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. At least, I really hope not.

umdpoker 10-22-2004 06:55 AM

i dont see a spot where you get to fold. you only need to call one more bet on the flop in a big pot. on the turn, you got a draw to the nuts, and the pot is huge. on the river...well duh

Fiddler 10-22-2004 07:45 AM

I'm jealous... unless someone had T8 of spades.

zuluking 10-22-2004 09:02 AM

I would have capped the turn. Otherwise, nh.

TheHip41 10-22-2004 09:04 AM

Nice runner runner [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, cap the river, good good, if they have a straight flush, good for them.

DocMartin 10-22-2004 02:45 PM

I figured I was behind a flush or straight after the flop action and went into call mode praying for a spade but I should have capped the turn for value?

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 3s 8s (flush, king high).
MP3 has Kh Th (straight, ten high).
Hero has Ad As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 52 BB. </font>

Entity 10-22-2004 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I was behind a flush or straight after the flop action and went into call mode praying for a spade but I should have capped the turn for value?

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 3s 8s (flush, king high).
MP3 has Kh Th (straight, ten high).
Hero has Ad As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 52 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
You're 4.1:1 to come in, so calling is fine. With 5 opponents or more outs, cap this sucka.

Rob

pzhon 10-22-2004 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're 4.1:1 to come in, so calling is fine. With 5 opponents or more outs, cap this sucka.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't cap for value against 5 opponents unless there is a good chance you can win without a spade. So much action on a board with a 3-flush increases the chance others have two spades, in which case you don't have 9 outs. Also, if you cap, some people who are drawing dead may fold, so you don't get more from them, and you may cut down on the implied odds from the river.

Yads 10-22-2004 06:13 PM

add MP3 to your buddy list.