Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What to do against 2+2? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=136706)

LinusKS 10-16-2004 12:31 PM

What to do against 2+2?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (7 handed)

MP1 (t2877)
MP2 (t2370)
Hero (t1885)
Button (t1600)
SB (t2383)
BB (t1440)
UTG (t945)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t975) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t450</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1425

Ordinarily I push here, but the Villian happened to be a regular (hopefully he'll see this.)

Comments?

lorinda 10-16-2004 12:32 PM

Re: What to do against 2+2?

Ordinarily I push here, but the Villian happened to be a regular (hopefully he'll see this.)

Oddly, I'd normally fold here, but with it being a regular, the stop/go becomes more possible and I might just stick my chips in.

Lori

LinusKS 10-16-2004 01:06 PM

You normally fold a pair of aces with a T kicker heads-up?

The Villain here put in about half his stack after the flop. He folds to a raise, he has about 500 chips left.

If it was a bluff, it was a terrible, terrible bluff.

A reasonable person doesn't put half his chips in unless he's prepared to call for the rest, don't you think?

Tosh 10-16-2004 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it was a bluff, it was a terrible, terrible bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not like he got you to fold or anything.

lorinda 10-16-2004 01:22 PM

You normally fold a pair of aces with a T kicker heads-up?

Well it's not exactly heads up. Okay, it's heads up now, but when I raised it was four handed.

Personally against bad players, I'll fold and wait for a better chance. Ive only put 1/4 of my chips in here, why take the chance that they happen to have a bad ace that isn't A8 or A4.

Lori

stupidsucker 10-16-2004 01:35 PM

I think its a very tough. Going over the top does seem like you ARE going to get called. What hands that match that board are going to call the preflop bet, but not push preflop? Does he know you are 2+2?

If you ask me, he wanted a call, and folding was a good option. you still have a good amount of chips left if you fold, and pushing is just like calling all in.

The only possible hand I put him on atm is 88. Perhaps his game plan was to hit a set and trap or stop and go on any board that didnt contain an ace/king. A8 doesnt make much sense, nor does a big ace. It may sound funny, but KK is an option. A smooth call preflop hoping to get more out of you, but the ace came so he took a stab at the pot leaving himself a small out.

lorinda 10-16-2004 01:43 PM

It may sound funny, but KK is an option. A smooth call preflop hoping to get more out of you, but the ace came so he took a stab at the pot leaving himself a small out.

That's very good thinking IMO. The whole play seems like a stop/go but that would make sense as to why he chose that moment.

Lori

dogsballs 10-16-2004 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may sound funny, but KK is an option. A smooth call preflop hoping to get more out of you, but the ace came so he took a stab at the pot leaving himself a small out.

That's very good thinking IMO. The whole play seems like a stop/go but that would make sense as to why he chose that moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fold here. Either all-in without blinking - or I call, then see if he bets the turn. He'll need to tell me twice for me to think about folding, I think.

stupidsucker 10-16-2004 03:48 PM

Comming from you(lori), that is a compliment thank you.

LinusKS 10-16-2004 04:21 PM

He should know I'm 2+2. I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

There's really no question in my mind but that he was inviting me to go all-in.

A less than half pot size bet out of position against a pre-flop raiser? With an ace on board? He had to have expected to get called or raised all in.

He had at least an ace.

The question is, could he beat AT?

As for the KK - I don't know his style very well, but I'd be very surprised to see someone play KK like that, from that position with those stacks.

I'm still hoping the good Doctor will show up, and explain himself.