Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Poker gift 'hamper' came today (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=131866)

Overdrive 10-04-2004 02:23 PM

Party Poker gift \'hamper\' came today

My Party Poker gift 'hamper' promo came in the mail this morning. This was from the promo from a couple months ago where you got a Party hat and polo shirt for playing so many hands. I think this was semi account specific because I remember reading some people got different offers. My offer was just for the Hat and shirt.

But to my suprise it appears that I have received two gift hampers. It came in two envelopes and each envelope contained a black Party hat and a white Party polo shirt. Both envelopes were addressed exactly the same, and yes of course I only have one Party accont. So I ended up with two hats and two shirts, not too bad I guess.

Did anyone else get a double gift hamper?

And inside the hats I got they placed a piece of cardboard in the hat to keep it's shape. In both hats the cardboard was from what appears to be a toothpaste case. The cardboard reads: "Miswak - herbal toothpaste with pure Miswak extract." Does anybody know what Miswak is?

And on the outside of the envelope it says: "Customs/Donuane may be opened officialy Description of contents Baseball Cap & T-shirt Value $15.00" I thought that was kinda strange to put on the outside of the envelope. And do I have to pay taxes on just the $15 - or do I have to pay taxes on the full $30 since I got a double hamper? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lori 10-04-2004 04:17 PM

Re: Party Poker gift \'hamper\' came today

All you need to know about Miswak

Lori

itsmarty 10-04-2004 04:20 PM

Call me a sucker, but I'm now possessed of a terrible urge to get one of these.

Martin

namknils 10-04-2004 04:33 PM

Nice! Now I can't wait to get home and check the mail! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

daveymck 10-04-2004 06:43 PM

Bizarre no wonder the muslim way and western way is in such conflict.

If the toothbrush is made of bristles (pig's hair) then its use is not permissible. If bristles are not used, the use of the toothbrush is permissible. However, the toothbrush will not serve as a substitute in the case of the Miswaak being available. If a Miswaak is available Reward will not be realised by using the toothbrush. The same applies to toothpowder or any other means of cleansing the teeth. It should be remembered here that during the time of our Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) substitutes, e.g. toothpowder, etc., existed, but our Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) never equated these with the Miswaak. Therefore, the argument of the modernist that the toothbrush today takes the place of the Miswaak is fallacious and a good example of the apologetic attitude adopted by modern Muslims of today.

I am unsure if the websiteis taking th mick or is real.