Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Moneymaker Divorced? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=131687)

Daliman 10-04-2004 01:29 AM

Moneymaker Divorced?

I gotta think this is a misstatement by JV, but hell, mebbe not..

[ QUOTE ]
A MONEY(MAKER) RECAP
Chris Moneymaker was just eliminated in 18th place. John Juanda took his last few chips, but the real blow to his chances had come two hands earlier when his K-J ran into Vic Fey's A-A and a can't-get-your-money-in-fast-enough flop of A-J-J. Well, Chris collects $13,000 for his days' work, and now can concentrate on refining his girlfriend's and sister's no-limit hold'em skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

SlyAK 10-04-2004 01:35 AM

Re: Moneymaker Divorced?

Come on, MM is so cool he has a wife, AND a girlfriend or 2.

He is THE man.

Sly

italianstang 10-04-2004 01:44 AM

Yeah, chicks love short dumpy lookin guys who blew all the money that they are famous for.

Daliman 10-04-2004 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, chicks love short dumpy lookin guys who blew all the money that they are famous for.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 Pretty sure he's about 5'10". Almost exactly average height.
#1a. YEah, maybe a bit dumpy, but less than he was.

#2 I guess you're the only poker player on this side of hemisphere that still believes the urban legend that MM went broke.
#2a If he's broke, how did he pay for his Aruba entry? I'm pretty sure he doesn't play on UB. There's a possibility UB comped an entry, but I doubt it, considering he was WSOP champ LAST year, and he wasn't there last year.
#2b Jerry Mathers, "Beaver" from "Leave it to Beaver" DID NOT die in Vietnam OR from a stomach explosion after eating 6 packs of pop rocks and a big gulp of Coke.

#3. He's famous for winning the WSOP, NOT for the $$$.

Dismissed.

2005 10-04-2004 02:08 AM

actually, Chris is about 5'6" or so. I'm 5'8" and I'm comfortably taller than him. Why hte [censored] am I responding to this thread.... I must be really bored, plus, he's about the only person that I'm taller than [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gavin Griffin

daryn 10-04-2004 02:11 AM

yeah, i heard from him that he definitely doesn't even have a UB account. he also lost a shitton of weight by jogging. he was on my table for the last few hours of the second day.

Daliman 10-04-2004 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, Chris is about 5'6" or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected.

MM stands about 5'6".

Trainwreck 10-04-2004 02:56 AM

? I have is.... WHY do you care?

LMAO!

>TW<

Daliman 10-04-2004 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
? I have is.... WHY do you care?

LMAO!

>TW<

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to add to the thread. Posting at an opinion/strategy/commentary website, this is all you can come up with?

I care because it would bother me that a guy who was supposedly happily married with children getting divorced less than 1.5 years after winning the WSOP.

? I have is.... WHY did you post?

WTF!

<DM>

Trainwreck 10-04-2004 03:40 AM

I was going to fully respond, but it's not worth it, you are trolling me.

This forum is degrading into too much immature, thoughtless, and rude BS IMHO.

In other words, NO FURTHER COMMENT!

Peace!

>TW<