Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can God.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=130943)

David Sklansky 10-02-2004 01:50 AM

Can God....

come up with two positive integers such that when you cube each and add them up, you get the cube of a third integer?

TheGrifter 10-02-2004 01:54 AM

Re: Can God....

That depends heavily on your definition of God.

It's much like the question "Can Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that even he cannot eat it"...

If one is to accept God/Jesus as an all powerful being then of course any task might be achieved, even one that removes the free will of the creator.

bernie 10-02-2004 02:04 AM

This reminds me of a sci-fi story a long time ago. Called 'Scrabble with God'. If you can find it, it's kind of humorous.

b

felson 10-02-2004 02:54 AM

Not in my (untrained) opinion.

kylemontero 10-02-2004 03:02 AM

WE dont care

Kopefire 10-02-2004 03:12 AM

The question is basically a rephrasing of "if god is all powerfull can he make a rock so big he can't lift it?"

And the best response to the question is simply that you are presenting a meaningless question. Just because you can put the grammatical elements together doesn't mean the resulting sentence is semantically sound.

David Sklansky 10-02-2004 03:24 AM

"The question is basically a rephrasing of "if god is all powerfull can he make a rock so big he can't lift it?"

And the best response to the question is simply that you are presenting a meaningless question. Just because you can put the grammatical elements together doesn't mean the resulting sentence is semantically sound."

Although I don't understand half the stuff you say, I basically agree with your first sentence although it would have been clearer if you had chosen the can God make a four sided triangle question.

But answer me this: What percentage of religious Christians who know that my question was proven to be impossible by mathmeticians, would still claim that God could do it?

felson 10-02-2004 03:33 AM

"What percentage of religious Christians who know that my question was proven to be impossible by mathmeticians, would still claim that God could do it?"

Much greater than zero, I am sure. The point, please?

kylemontero 10-02-2004 03:38 AM

I am the only 1 that thinks Dave is a weirdo?

David Sklansky 10-02-2004 04:13 AM

"What percentage of religious Christians who know that my question was proven to be impossible by mathmeticians, would still claim that God could do it?"

Much greater than zero, I am sure. The point, please?

That you should regard them the same way Dick Cheyney should regard someone who votes for Bush becaus he likes Bush's haircolor.