Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I Still Suck at Poker : 88 in the BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=130650)

GuyOnTilt 10-01-2004 10:05 AM

I Still Suck at Poker : 88 in the BB

UTG is a decent player, not overly aggressive, but still decently aggressive and decently tight. UTG+1 is too loose and too passive. A bit of a scared mentality.

Party's 15 and we're 10-handed. UTG raises and gets cold-called in 5 places. SB folds and I call with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 7 to the flop for 14.6 SB's.

Flop comes: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 cold-calls, and all fold back to me. I call. 3 to the turn for 10.3 BB's.

Turn comes: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I call. 3 to the river for 13.3 BB's.

River comes: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls. I fold.

GoT

stoxtrader 10-01-2004 10:16 AM

Re: I Still Suck at Poker : 99 in the BB

why no 3 bet on the flop?

M2d 10-01-2004 10:54 AM

Re: I Still Suck at Poker : 88 in the BB

if you're that convinced you're beat, muck the turn. if not, an you pretty much have to overcall the river.

JayKon 10-01-2004 10:57 AM

Yikes, wrong thread.

stoxtrader 10-01-2004 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? He folded the river when the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] got there. No [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he has the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

Luke 10-01-2004 11:09 AM

GOT,

Yeah, you're probably beat by UTG on the river, but getting 15-1 against an aggressive player who has faced no resistance, I think you should call.

UTG could have 2 overcard hearts or even AK.

The fact that UTG + 1 calls there worries very little given your description of him. I give him credit for 5x or 4x and nothing more.

Also, I'm with stoxtrader - why no flop 3-bet?

Luke

Clarkmeister 10-01-2004 11:22 AM

I'd checkraise the turn. They've got to do more than simply raise the flop one time before I give them a bigger overpair.

Paluka 10-01-2004 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd checkraise the turn. They've got to do more than simply raise the flop one time before I give them a bigger overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop action should count for something too.

nykenny 10-01-2004 11:39 AM

i think you made a good fold, UTG would have to be a maniac to bet again into two people on river with AK if he is anywhere near decent, he'd know the river bet won't even push out a bottom pair on that board... but judging by the title of the post i should be wrong here.

however, i probably would have bet on the turn. since UTG isn't overly aggro, u can almost very safely fold to a turn raise, in other words, if you bet again (stop n go), u'd get a great deal of information.

Kenny

Clarkmeister 10-01-2004 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop action should count for something too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was implied.