Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   SSH ideas appearing in Lee Jones' latest Card Player article! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=125345)

Oblivious 09-17-2004 04:15 PM

SSH ideas appearing in Lee Jones\' latest Card Player article!

Card Player article

Now I like Lee Jones, havnt read his book, and dont like pokerstars... but the question is, is there a "waiting for the turn to raise" section in WLLHE?

thirddan 09-17-2004 04:51 PM

Re: SSH ideas appearing in Lee Jones\' latest Card Player article!

i haven't read WLLH in a while, but if i remember correctly he advocated fast playing just about all hands from TP to straights...

blackaces13 09-17-2004 05:20 PM

No doubt about it. This is a completely new idea coming from Lee Jones. I read WLLHE many, many times and his philosophy is to raise, raise , raise the flop with TP or better. Actually, one could almost summarize that book with the words, "play your good hands fast on the flop, always."

It seems very likey that SSH is the cause of Jones' new perspective.

Ragone 09-17-2004 06:50 PM

Give the guy a break, it has been quite a while since he wrote WLLH, even the best players never stop learning, would you rather him keep talking about the 'wrong' way to play according to the posters around here?

Oblivious 09-17-2004 07:03 PM

My post was not intended to be snide. I just think this illustrates the influence SSH is having. I also respect Lee Jones for being willing to print the best advice whenever possible, even if it does disagree with things hes published in the past.

Beavis68 09-17-2004 07:16 PM

I don't think Lee has the same audience for his card player article as he did with WLLH. Really, do you guys think that Ed invented the "wait 'til the bets double" concept?

Isura 09-17-2004 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Lee has the same audience for his card player article as he did with WLLH. Really, do you guys think that Ed invented the "wait 'til the bets double" concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Even Miller acknowledges that many of the ideas in SSH are from TOP and other authors. He's great contribution is that he modified/refined the ideas to work optimally in loose small stakes games.

blackaces13 09-17-2004 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give the guy a break,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that I was attacking him. Thanks for pointing it out though. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

RowdyZ 09-17-2004 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No doubt about it. This is a completely new idea coming from Lee Jones. I read WLLHE many, many times and his philosophy is to raise, raise , raise the flop with TP or better. Actually, one could almost summarize that book with the words, "play your good hands fast on the flop, always."

It seems very likey that SSH is the cause of Jones' new perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I would think it was highly unlikely, it is not excatly a new concept in poker. Sorry folks but 2+2 didn't event poker and every (correct according to this board) concept and strategy. This reminds me of Mason saying ITH was a good book but Hilger "borrowed" all the good ideas from 2+2 books and didn't acknowledge them. Go back and read Mason review.

bygmesterf 09-17-2004 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My post was not intended to be snide. I just think this illustrates the influence SSH is having. I also respect Lee Jones for being willing to print the best advice whenever possible, even if it does disagree with things hes published in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea of waiting till the turn to raise for either purposes of knocking out players (HEFAP,7CSFAP etc) or getting more money (MLHE, etc) is not new and is also not specific to SSH.

I imagine that next you'll be telling us about all the SSH concepts that appear in Gary Carson's Complete Book of Hold'em [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]