Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did I play ATo corretly? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=112074)

magic7s 08-12-2004 02:06 AM

Did I play ATo corretly?

Did I miss anything?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) calls, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (15.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Nottom 08-12-2004 02:09 AM

Re: Did I play ATo corretly?

Fold preflop.

Piiop 08-12-2004 02:30 AM

Obey Nottom.

magic7s 08-12-2004 02:59 AM

OK, so this was my thought process... maybe I was wrong.
I was in on a blind, when it came to me I called one bet (good or bad?). Then it was 3-bet, I was sad but it was one more bet (good or bad?).

Now how about the rest of the hand?

Gatts 08-12-2004 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so this was my thought process... maybe I was wrong.
I was in on a blind, when it came to me I called one bet (good or bad?). Then it was 3-bet, I was sad but it was one more bet (good or bad?).

Now how about the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best case scenario, you have 3 outs to catch top pair (facing AK, AQ, AJ or KK, QQ, JJ). Worst case scenario, you need to catch a straight or a miracle flush to win (facing both AK and JJ). All the action makes this pretty possible.

When you're potentially dominated, be thankful you only lost your blind.

flexus 08-12-2004 05:56 AM

Why do you want to play dominated trash against an UTG raiser?

btspider 08-12-2004 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to play dominated trash against an UTG raiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

he posted so it isn't quite as obvious.

hero should fold to the UTG raise. if he calls that, calling the 3-bet closing the action is fine.. but you really aren't looking for TP, you need 2-pair or big draws. if it were capped and 2 bets back to you, calling would be bad.

flexus 08-12-2004 09:03 AM

I meant that he should fold to the UTG raise, despite his posting and having to put in only one bet.

cartoonsoldier 08-12-2004 09:15 AM

I think one thing - its a good idea not to post from MP3 position, CO or BB is better.

After that you should have folded ATo to the raise.