Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Which has the higher EV at Stars? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=107390)

davidross 07-28-2004 06:38 PM

Which has the higher EV at Stars?

My stars account isn't very well funded. I use it strictly for zoo tournies, and lately the $11 rebuy event. Now with teh WCOOP happening, I've tried a couple of satellites for specific events. I'm wondering If my EV is better to continue playing the $11 events and using any winnings towards an entry fee, or to keep trying the satellites.

cferejohn 07-28-2004 06:47 PM

Re: Which has the higher EV at Stars?

I think the overlay in the $10 rebuy is about as good as it gets...

Tosh 07-28-2004 06:49 PM

Which satellites are you playing? The turbos are very very profitable. Yes they can become a crapshoot but the skilled player still has a massive edge overall in them.

Ulysses 07-28-2004 07:30 PM

Why not just play a couple of extra hours of 15/30 and buy in to the tournies? I bet that's higher EV than playing these small sats. The only sats that might be worth playing are the ones for the $2500 main event.

Tosh 07-28-2004 07:33 PM

Just a word, thats a good strategy for a good ring game player, but if you do that; buy W$ off people at a reduced rate. Always save the few extra $. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ilya 07-28-2004 07:56 PM

On a related note --

what about playing the MTT satellites at Party for tourneys like the Million and the 200K? Terrible idea? Good idea?

Ulysses 07-28-2004 07:59 PM

What's a good rate for tourney $?

Tosh 07-28-2004 08:05 PM

I think the standard rate is 90%. I would suspect that you could potentially get it cheaper though.

Dentist 07-28-2004 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this because there's only $1 of rake??

Seriously... I hate rebuy events (i just don't like the concept of busting and getting back in) and I don't do well at them AND there's tons of players....

Why are these so great?

Ruddiger 07-28-2004 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this because there's only $1 of rake??

Seriously... I hate rebuy events (i just don't like the concept of busting and getting back in) and I don't do well at them AND there's tons of players....

Why are these so great?

[/ QUOTE ]
the one dollar rake is good, but the bad players also put a lot of extra money in. I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding this