Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Never let money lie around at a site (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=107188)

Beach-Whale 07-28-2004 08:02 AM

Never let money lie around at a site

From Absolute Poker Real Money Account Agreement:

[ QUOTE ]
Inactive Accounts: Any account that has been inactive for a period of 1 year will receive an email asking what the player wishes to do with the account and the account balance. In the event of no response, the account will be closed. After closing the account the remaining account balance will be transferred to Absolute Poker as a compensation for undue administrative expenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it should be an issue (even though it certainly could be), but the principle...

Gotmilk 07-28-2004 08:13 AM

Re: Never let money lie around at a site

its funny how "undue administrative expenses" are exactly equal to the balance in question. :-)

_And1_ 07-28-2004 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
undue administrative expenses

[/ QUOTE ] Gee, their costs of having accounts laying around is close to zero. Thou the chance of havnig or getting an account at this site should probably be as slim...

jwvdcw 07-28-2004 09:04 AM

I don't think thats really all that unfair. The thing is a lot of people probably lose all of their money except for like 43 cents and then just quit. If you don't play for a year, I think its safe to say that you've quit.

El Barto 07-28-2004 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think thats really all that unfair. The thing is a lot of people probably lose all of their money except for like 43 cents and then just quit. If you don't play for a year, I think its safe to say that you've quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I have no problem with them deleting a small balance, but if the account is over say $10 they should have a higher level of attempted contact requirements.

moondogg 07-28-2004 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee, their costs of having accounts laying around is close to zero. Thou the chance of havnig or getting an account at this site should probably be as slim...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, there's the expense of figuring out how much interest they are making on your money. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Simon Diamond 07-28-2004 11:31 AM

As long as they send emails warning the player, I don't see a problem with the policy. The trouble comes when a site decides to close an account on the sly, which has happened to me in the past.

Perhaps I had myself to blame for not logging in frequently enough, but to just wipe an account without any forewarning is surely bad business practice?

Simon