Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   K9o in BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=106364)

Farrquaad 07-25-2004 11:11 PM

K9o in BB

Typical party players.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ???

vulturesrow 07-25-2004 11:15 PM

Re: K9o in BB

Ugh, I probably wouldve checked the flop, but since you didnt...I am going to call this one.

Farrquaad 07-27-2004 02:47 AM

Rest of the hand

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (8 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh 9d (one pair, kings).
MP2 shows As 8s (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins 8 BB. </font>

cartoonsoldier 07-27-2004 02:54 AM

Re: Rest of the hand

I would have also checked the flop and folded to a bet.

Even after your bet I would fold to a raise. He has an Ace for sure, and you have no backdoor draws or anything.

purnell 07-27-2004 03:10 AM

I think the flop bet is probably a mistake. At a typical party game there are at least three players who will limp any ace. You don't have many outs here, and the pot is relatively small. For me this is a check and fold, or depending on my read, call one on the flop and see if you improve. If not, I'm looking to get out of this one cheaply.

Brian 07-27-2004 03:17 AM

Hi Farrquaad,

As HPFAP states, against any Ace players, check-fold the Flop unless you have the odds to draw to beat the Ace. Especially with a two-tone Flop, I am check-folding this hand most of the time.

-Brian