Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Major error with SSH... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=105207)

BoatLover88 07-21-2004 08:45 PM

Major error with SSH...

I recieved it today and I was very dissapointed when I opened it. The bubble rap is mini bubbles that are unpoppable! Do you expect me to use a needle for my evenings entertainment?

MicroBob 07-21-2004 08:50 PM

Re: Major error with SSH...

i agree!!

on a related note...did i find the first typo??

in the 'why this book' section by sklansky there is a reference to 'brick and MOTOR cardrooms (very beginning of page 3).

Ed Miller 07-21-2004 08:54 PM

in the 'why this book' section by sklansky there is a reference to 'brick and MOTOR cardrooms (very beginning of page 3).

"Brick and motor" is as intended. It refers to the exploding number of mobile home and RV-based cardrooms around the country.

No actual bricks are involved... thus the quotes.

jasonHoldEm 07-21-2004 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a related note...did i find the first typo??

[/ QUOTE ]

Pg. 190, the title is "Preflop Concepts Afterthought" (Should be POSTflop Concepts Afterthought).

What do I win? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Great book Ed.
J

Jim Easton 07-21-2004 09:02 PM

You guys want errors . . .

[ QUOTE ]
There is no such thing as "flop lag"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Pocket kings are not actually "ace magnets"

[/ QUOTE ]

p. 40

That's just crazy talk.

aas 07-21-2004 09:32 PM

Re: You guys want errors . . .

Come on now!

NoChance 07-21-2004 10:51 PM

I caught that too but you beat me to posting it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

me454555 07-21-2004 11:06 PM

How bout Ed\'s SB degree in physics?

I think it was meant to read "he received a B.S. degree in physics" but I'm not sure (pg vii)

Ed Miller 07-21-2004 11:45 PM

Re: How bout Ed\'s SB degree in physics?

I think it was meant to read "he received a B.S. degree in physics" but I'm not sure (pg vii)

You can read about the MIT undergraduate degree programs here. Quoting a relevant passage:

[ QUOTE ]
The program for the SB takes four years of full-time study for most students. Of the freshmen who entered between 1992 and 1996, the percentage of students who received their degrees within six years of entrance was about 90 percent.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob 07-21-2004 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It refers to the exploding number of mobile home and RV-based cardrooms around the country

[/ QUOTE ]

Memphis is smack dab on the tri-state borders of Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas.
one could argue that there are likely more mobile-homes and RV's in this region then any other 3-state area in the country.

consequently, your focus on these 'brick and motor' games should be a BIG help for me.