Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone play the Empire Free roll last night? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=103533)

TxSteve 07-16-2004 11:22 AM

Anyone play the Empire Free roll last night?

I couldn't play because I had to go out with the Wife and her family, but I left my computer on anyway just in case I got back in time.

I finished approximately 140th out of 487 without playing a hand apparently.

I thought that was kind of funny.

Steve

Packerfan1 07-16-2004 12:35 PM

Re: Anyone play the Empire Free roll last night?

There were 3 players actually at my first table, and one of them somehow busted out at the 30/60 level. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'd guess there were about 150 actually there... and after playing 5 1/2 hours for $150... I can guess why.

Pack

stoxtrader 07-16-2004 12:43 PM

sheesh, I busted out around 60 or 70 i think - took maybe 2.5 hours, can't remember - 3 people at my starting table, but that didnt last long.

Sundevils21 07-16-2004 12:45 PM

I got an unlucky draw to begin with, there were 8 players actually playing at my table. It broke up about an hour later and I was moved to a table with only 2 other real players. I built an above average stack there, then I had to leave. So I came back an hour later and noticed I still had a tiny bit of chips left(about 2bb's) and we were still 100 people from making the money. I doubled up like 4 times and snuck into 48th place. WoooHoooo, lol 27bucks.

goodguy_1 07-16-2004 12:47 PM

I actually qualified for the $5000 Freeroll and forgot about it like a dumbass..grrr

davidross 07-16-2004 01:22 PM

THis was my 3rd (and hopefully last) Empire freeroll. They have all been the same, with less than half the people actually showing up, creating a very unfair situation. I actually came 999th out of 1000 in my first, being eliminated a good hour before the 600 no shows.

Again last night I was at a table with only 1 other person, and of course he was 2 seats to my left, letting him act last on 8 of 10 hands, and again I almost busted early. I finally realised I had to let him steal and steal, and accept that he was going to get 80% of the chips. As our no shows were finally eliminated, sure enough, he had 7500 and I had 2500 and we joined everyone else who had showed up.

It is so unfair and so unecessary. I sent them emails each time. All they have to do is make people register before being assigned a seat. I don't know why they continue to do this, but it's crazy.

djcolts 07-16-2004 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THis was my 3rd (and hopefully last) Empire freeroll. They have all been the same, with less than half the people actually showing up, creating a very unfair situation. I actually came 999th out of 1000 in my first, being eliminated a good hour before the 600 no shows.

Again last night I was at a table with only 1 other person, and of course he was 2 seats to my left, letting him act last on 8 of 10 hands, and again I almost busted early. I finally realised I had to let him steal and steal, and accept that he was going to get 80% of the chips. As our no shows were finally eliminated, sure enough, he had 7500 and I had 2500 and we joined everyone else who had showed up.

It is so unfair and so unecessary. I sent them emails each time. All they have to do is make people register before being assigned a seat. I don't know why they continue to do this, but it's crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't sound right at all. Hopefully they'll listen to you.

I got my "welcome" freeroll at the end of this month. I'll keep this in mind.

grinin 07-16-2004 01:44 PM

Utter waste of time.

Only reason I played was because I want to start playing in MTT tourneys soon and thought it might be good practice. Although, I really don't even think it was representative of a real tourney.

Also, you would think no limit would be a better format.

stripsqueez 07-16-2004 01:50 PM

i didnt even know about it - it started about 11am here and i logged on at about 11:15 to be sat at a table with around 950 - only 1 other guy present

we did a deal and raised in turn and kept our blinds - not sure if thats cheating but asking us to play with 8 non existant guys wasnt poker either

we both got up to 3500 or so before the table started to split up because a third guy arrived and the deal was off

i came around 95th after some chook hit 88 on the river when i had KK

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

MicroBob 07-16-2004 04:54 PM

i played the requisite raked-hands beforehand but then had commitments on thursday.
i finished around 320th or so i think.

to not show up and finish in the top 200 implies that you won a couple of all-in's in your absence when you were about to be blinded out.

it's also possible that your stack didn't dwindle as quickly if the last player to show-up to your right accidentally folded to you once or twice (i accidentally did that a couple times a couple freerolls ago...kind of stupid).

i completely agree with david.
free tourneys are kind of nice...but i prefer REAL tourneys.
just make the players register or click an 'i am here' box right before starttime. if you're not there...you aren't seated.
how freaking tough is that??

the june freeroll featured one table where all the players didn't show-up...i watched that one while i was plaiyng elsewhere...they just continually folded the blinds to each other. hilarious!!
they took turns with large-stack and short-stack...there was always someone with 1015 and someone with 985.

not sure if i would complain about the format as much if i was fortunate enough to get at a table with 9 no-shows allowing me to build my stack to near 10k.
but i suspect even if i was to get a benefit such as this i would still say 'this is stupid and is NOT poker...+EV or not!'

between their bizarre VIP ponts formula and their silly 'guy at the table with the most no-shows wins' freerolls i think we can safely assume that the fine folks at empire are dumber than rocks.