Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's your river action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=103485)

Joe Tall 07-16-2004 07:40 AM

What\'s your river action?

Juicy 20/40 Foxwoods.

4 terrible limpers to an loose aggressive player who raises in LP, the SB calls and I call with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

7 take the flop for 7BBs

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, one limper calls, LAG raises, SB folds, I call, limper calls.

3 to the turn for 9.75BBs

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

I check limper checks, LP bets, I call, limper folds.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

What's your river action?

Comments on all street appreciated, thank you.

Peace,
Joe Tall

lil' 07-16-2004 08:05 AM

Re: What\'s your river action?

Does he bet a lot of rivers? I think you have enough of a hand here against overaggressive types to check-raise.

Nate tha' Great 07-16-2004 08:08 AM

3-bet the flop. Pot's plenty big, and I'm thinking having that limper around does you more harm than good.

OrangeHeat 07-16-2004 08:24 AM

Joe,

Checkraise would probably work as he is LAG.

If you have a solid read that he is overplaying AK the whole way I may (on spunky days) be tempted to bet and try to get three out of him. Of course two kings are already accounted for so it less likely and if you thought he had AK you should have put another raise in before the river....so yeah run of the mill checkraise unless your sure he has ak.

Flop - OK

Turn - Provides interesting spot to semi-bluff check raise him and shut limper out too.

River - See above

Orange

rtucker5 07-16-2004 08:56 AM

I think betting out is a must. The last thing you want him to do is check it through. Unless you are 100% certain he will bet, you have to bet.

AviD 07-16-2004 09:23 AM

Check raise...he's betting.

chief444 07-16-2004 09:58 AM

I would 3-bet this flop. Even heads-up you would have a slight advantage over an overpair other than KK and are close to even money against something like AJ, there is a reasonable chance you could win unimproved, and you have a 2nd opponent to consider.

I think check/raising the river given the action on the previous rounds is best. A loose/aggressive bets this river almost every time.

Barry 07-16-2004 11:38 AM

What do you put the LP on?

Since he raised the flop and bet the turn, he's most likely has AA-JJ or AJ and your only ahead of AA, QQ and AJ. I suppose that he might also have 88. I doubt that he has AK or AQ here.

If he has QQ or AJ, will he bet it on the river? I'm not sure, but I think that I bet and call a raise, because I wouldn't like calling a 3-bet here, if he does have KK or JJ

rory 07-16-2004 11:47 AM

I like betting out here-- the K is a scare card unless he has one and he might check behind. If he is really loose aggressive you might get 3 bets out of him if he has one of the other kings too.

Jason Strasser 07-16-2004 12:03 PM

Hey Nate,

I'm out of my element when playing limit, but don't you want to keep the limper in the hand on the flop? Wont 3-betting sometimes drop the limper and cost you bets on later streets if you hit your draw? I like the call vs. the 3-bet.