Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   top 2 pair. slowdown on the turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405904)

cdxx 12-27-2005 01:59 PM

top 2 pair. slowdown on the turn?

arty Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

cdxx 12-27-2005 02:01 PM

Re: top 2 pair. slowdown on the turn?

forgot to mention. villain was a little loose 40-ish/12. agg ~1.2 i think. i thought my 3-bet was good, but the cap obviously makes me think trips.

12-27-2005 02:10 PM

Usually in this situation, I just call down after getting checkraised. Sure, he's got a worse two pair most of the time but he hit his set the rest of the time. I think it'd be read dependent, if he is very aggressive I like to 3-bet and call down. Everyone else, I am just calling down the checkraise.

cdxx 12-27-2005 02:14 PM

i didn't get checkraised

CourtJester 12-27-2005 02:40 PM

the only likely trips here is 77 as 55 shouldnt be calling the flop and you have the other K's and Q's, so most of the time its a lower 2p, so i think on the river its a bet/call

12-27-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't get checkraised

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a mistype. Because I definitely call down a checkraise.

cdxx 12-27-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only likely trips here is 77 as 55 shouldnt be calling the flop and you have the other K's and Q's, so most of the time its a lower 2p, so i think on the river its a bet/call

[/ QUOTE ]

why would another 2p cap? i am having a hard time imagining that K5, K7, Q7, or Q5 is capping. i could be wrong, that's why i post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cdxx 12-27-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't get checkraised

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea what you are talking about, because it doesn't apply to this hand.

12-27-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't get checkraised

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea what you are talking about, because it doesn't apply to this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that you have no idea what I am talking about. It is a difficult concept. Broken down further: I accidentally typed "if I got checkraised", I meant to type "if i got raised". That is what I meant by the term "mistype"--a mistake while typing. Maybe I made that word up, maybe I didn't, but I thought people would understand. I then typed "I would call down if checkraised" to try to point out it wasn't tough to figure out my original mistake. Understand?

So here is my post reworded correctly:

[ QUOTE ]
Usually in this situation, I just call down after getting raised. Sure, he's got a worse two pair most of the time but he hit his set the rest of the time. I think it'd be read dependent, if he is very aggressive I like to 3-bet and call down. Everyone else, I am just calling down the raise

[/ QUOTE ]

There, all better.

kross 12-28-2005 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to mention. villain was a little loose 40-ish/12. agg ~1.2 i think. i thought my 3-bet was good, but the cap obviously makes me think trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

When they raise the turn, it could easily be a worse 2-pair, or a pair plus picked up flush draw, or similar type hands. So I definitely 3-bet with top two. When they cap, that sucks, because that almost always means better than two pair. But, you have 4 outs to beat 55/77, so of course you have to call. I don't think I can bring myself to fold the river after I miss my FH draw, so I pay it off.