Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Organ donating? What are the cons? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313292)

Unoriginalname 08-11-2005 08:29 PM

Organ donating? What are the cons?

I think I am going to tell my family that I want to be an organ donor. Is there anything I should know before I do this? Is there any reason why I would not want to do this? Basically, if I'm dead, I don't see why I should mind them taking a few of my organs if it will help someone else who still has a shot at living. Maybe I'm missing an important detail though.

mason55 08-11-2005 08:39 PM

Re: Organ donating? What are the cons?

The hospital steals your soul along with your organs.

Luzion 08-11-2005 08:42 PM

I dont really see any drawbacks, unless you are in a religion or have some family customs that strictly forbids not letting someone bury your "whole" body once you are dead. I know there are some very traditional Chinese people that still feel that way.

Larimani 08-11-2005 08:42 PM

No. Do it. I have... although I'm too unhealthy for any part of my body to be of any use.

poker-penguin 08-11-2005 08:43 PM

When Jesus brings you back to life, your life is going to suck without all your organs.

Olof 08-11-2005 08:56 PM

Since you won't have any control over who will get your organs when you die (that's how it works in Sweden anyway), you might end up saving the life of someone you would rather see dead.

Sykes 08-11-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Science brings you back to life, your life is going to suck without all your organs.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

First time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mason55 08-11-2005 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you won't have any control over who will get your organs when you die (that's how it works in Sweden anyway), you might end up saving the life of someone you would rather see dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a minority??

Olof 08-11-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like a minority??

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be that, yes. I believe that I that own my body in the same way I own other material possesions, and if I can decline to let a certain person inherit my house or money for whatever reason I wish, I should have the same right when it comes to my kidneys.

mason55 08-11-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like a minority??

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be that, yes. I believe that I that own my body in the same way I own other material possesions, and if I can decline to let a certain person inherit my house or money for whatever reason I wish, I should have the same right when it comes to my kidneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hate black people is what you're saying...