Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OK, Here's One - I Really Suck Sometimes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362721)

lapoker17 10-21-2005 08:24 PM

OK, Here\'s One - I Really Suck Sometimes

Last Night. Commerce 10/20.

Newish table somewhere along the line of must-moves. LP is a young asian dude from Vegas - never played w him before, but he seems solid.

MP ($1300) opens for $100. LP ($2300) calls (He looks like he wanted to reraise) - I ($3000) call in BB w A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (I almost mucked it, but a buddy was walking by and wanted to sweat the hand - I think he called me a pussy when I was about to muck).

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks, LP bets $200, I call, MP folds.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I lead for $500.

LP makes it $1300.

I put the rest of my chips in.

My buddy who was sweating me laughed in my face, during the hand.

coltrane 10-21-2005 08:29 PM

Re: OK, Here\'s One - I Really Suck Sometimes

he has $700 left right?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yeti 10-21-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he has $700 left right?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lapoker17 10-21-2005 08:32 PM

Yes - The point of this post is not that I moved all in with one to go when we both still had deep money - because we didn't. I have some thoughts on why I did what I did, but it's mainly just about me getting myself stuck in a bad spot.

Ulysses 10-21-2005 09:14 PM

Did you consider checkraising him allin on the turn?

lapoker17 10-21-2005 09:19 PM

Yeah - but I hate doing that with only one to go. Although in hindsight, things worked out the same. I actually thought I could take it down with less drastic measures.

I made an error. I didn't think there was a hand that maybe wanted to reraise preflop, that bets that flop, that could like that turn card.

I thought that even if he called the turn, as long as the board didn't pair on the river, I could take it down with a reasonable bet - plus I had the 13 clean outs.

If I c/r the turn all in, he could still call w AA, KKK, TTT - because he still has outs - I thought if we just got to the river I could get him off most of theose with a majority of cards in the deck.

Go_Blue88 10-21-2005 09:51 PM

I don't understand why you pushed. You have pretty much 0 fold equity. Wouldn't folding to the raise be the optimal play?

KaneKungFu123 10-22-2005 12:47 AM

ugly.

Popinjay 10-22-2005 01:18 AM

He's not raising without a queen. And he's not gonna fold with a queen.

10-22-2005 02:29 AM

So the river was?? Did he ever show??