Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lots of aggression on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373968)

TheKentock 11-08-2005 12:36 AM

Lots of aggression on the flop

So no HH on this one, so I will try to make it pretty.

Sat down 5 hands ago, no reads. Which sucks, cause they could have helped.

I am interested in what you guys think of this river, although looking back on it I don't think I like my play for most of the hand. Any comments are appreciated.

2/4 6-max (6-handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP2 calls, 2 folds , Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (4 SB) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets, BB raises, MP2 3-bets, Button caps, </font> Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red"> Button bets, </font> Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14 BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="red"> BB bets, </font> MP2 calls, <font color="red"> Button raises, </font> Hero...

jaxUp 11-08-2005 12:39 AM

Re: Lots of aggression on the flop

I lead the turn and call a raise. Also, I hope you punched BB in the back of the head when he bet. That's why I only play live now.

sean c 11-08-2005 12:44 AM

I would have bet the turn also but as played a check/raise would have been good.

NobodysFreak 11-08-2005 01:13 AM

I think you need to lead that turn.

11-08-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to lead that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

KaiShin 11-08-2005 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the turn also but as played a check/raise would have been good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. People want to stay in this pot, so we should give them every reason to and not try and force people out by leaving the field facing 2 cold. Betting out is very much the better play here.

TomBrooks 11-08-2005 02:12 AM

TURN: What's with the check/call on the turn? Bet out and when button raises, 3-bet or go for overcalls if you think three betting will fold the two guys button trapped for you.

RIVER as played: Three-bet.

milesdyson 11-08-2005 03:01 AM

yeah i'm definitely not convinced that we're behind to 99 or T9 just by that flop action. Button never really scares me in this hand too bad.

AT (3 combos) ok for us
KT (4 combos) good for us
QT (4 combos) good
JT (4 combos) good
T9 (3 combos) bad
99 (3 combos) bad

so if we don't discount, we have the best hand (or are tied) here 15 of 21 times. this is also assuming he won't cap with any other ten (which is not true, so maybe not discounting any of these hands gets us close). so we should still bet the turn.

the way it pans out it sure looks like BB has 78, but because i still feel confident about being ahead of button, i'm not folding here. i am however, hoping that it isn't 3-bet and capped back to me (in which case a fold would likely be prudent, but hard).

TomBrooks 11-08-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: Bet out and when button raises, 3-bet or go for overcalls if you think three betting will fold the two guys button trapped for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
It just dawned on me that you had trips, not a set. Thats a vulnerable hand - especially with the 9 alongside the tens. Pot is big too. I change my reply to checking the turn with the intention of checkraising button and trying to knock out the other two players. Anytime you can fold someone here, that's good, methinks.

ArturiusX 11-08-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm definitely not convinced that we're behind to 99 or T9 just by that flop action. Button never really scares me in this hand too bad.

AT (3 combos) ok for us
KT (4 combos) good for us
QT (4 combos) good
JT (4 combos) good
T9 (3 combos) bad
99 (3 combos) bad

so if we don't discount, we have the best hand (or are tied) here 15 of 21 times. this is also assuming he won't cap with any other ten (which is not true, so maybe not discounting any of these hands gets us close). so we should still bet the turn.

the way it pans out it sure looks like BB has 78, but because i still feel confident about being ahead of button, i'm not folding here. i am however, hoping that it isn't 3-bet and capped back to me (in which case a fold would likely be prudent, but hard).

[/ QUOTE ]

Combo numbers is overkill here (as it often is). We're behind 2 hands on this flop. Overpairs are often raising/3-beting, as are straight draws, flushes, you name it.

We should really be leading this turn.