Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 TPGK What do I do when everyone calls on the flop? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368422)

MexKrax 10-30-2005 04:40 PM

3/6 TPGK What do I do when everyone calls on the flop?

Button is pretty LAGy 65/28/1.5. UTG and SB are both loose and passive, around 60/5/0.7.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero?

I bet the flop, hoping that the button would raise and SB and UTG would both fold. Obviously that plan didn't work out so well. I think I have the best hand here a fair amount of the time, but after all the cold-calling on the flop I'm a little lost.

jba 10-30-2005 04:48 PM

Re: 3/6 TPGK What do I do when everyone calls on the flop?

super easy raise preflop -- isolate the fish with position. repeat that over and over again.

nice lead on the flop for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

for this hand, I say just call the flop and donk the turn. plan on putting 2-3bbs in on the turn and river combined, I have my heart set on a showdown unless one of the fish wakes up and it looks credible.

If the flop is draw heavy I 3-bet the flop to charge the draws to the max. This board is very dry so it's a bit worrisome to have all these people calling but I still see no reason to think your hand isn't best at this point.

KDawgCometh 10-30-2005 07:15 PM

PF must be raised. YOu have position on the donk and you have a good hand, raise for isolation and for value

flop, I like, and I like your reasoning for leading into it. Since this board isn't big on draws, I think that you should just call his raise, and pound him on the turn.

I've been noticing a lot more lags at this level the past few days, you need to value raise them to death with these types of hands

Maulik 10-30-2005 07:54 PM

as others mentioned raise PF. this is a raise/fold situation!

Raza 10-30-2005 08:17 PM

Am I wrong for wanting to 3bet this flop? These guys could easily be calling with bottom or middle pair, gutshots, backdoor draws, an overcard, a worse Q, etc. If you're up against a gutshot (4 outs), a pair of 5s (5 outs), and a pair of 8s (5 outs) you have a pretty big edge not to push.

MexKrax 10-31-2005 07:36 PM

Thanks for the advice. I ended up just calling the raise and donking the turn. Button called and SB and UTG both folded. I bet the river, button called and showed pocket Ts and MHIG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]