Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A hand I played against myself and myself (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386274)

B Dids 11-27-2005 05:50 PM

A hand I played against myself and myself

Bored on vacation, I'm dealing a 4 handed hold 'em game featuring myself vs myself vs myself and myself.

I ended up with this hand, and I thought it was slightly interesting.

FWIW, I'd consider myself solid, aggro, and with a wide opening and 3-betting range, but a more conservative capping range. All the players know that the other ones are me too...

I'm in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I'm also in the BB with utter rags. UTG I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise, on the button I find A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 3-bet. The SB (with AhQh) caps, BB (with rags) folds, UTG and button call.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB (A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) bets, UTG (ATo) raises, Button (AA) 3-bets. SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks, Button bets, SB raises, UTG folds, Button calls.

River J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Button calls.

I'm not sure I think the way I played any of the three hands, but I'm not sure I hate them. Your thoughts?

numeri 11-27-2005 05:54 PM

Re: A hand I played against myself and myself

The only play I don't like is SB. Wouldn't a donk bet on the turn be nice? You know button has an overpair. Your bet on the turn looks like you're stopping a free card from either UTG or Button's flush draw.

UTG and Button played it fine IMO. Good fold by BB, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stinkybeaver 11-27-2005 05:54 PM

so you are capping AQ of hearts from SB against other solid aggro players..??

If I were button I think I would call flop raise and raise a non Heart turn and depending on the player fold to a 3-bet.

brazilio 11-27-2005 05:56 PM

ATo should be folding the turn regardless of whether he's calling 1 or 2, and put serious consideration to folding the flop. AA should be folding the turn to the c/r.

Alobar 11-27-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA should be folding the turn to the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold too much

EvanJC 11-27-2005 06:04 PM

i misread the action, never mind

B Dids 11-27-2005 06:04 PM

Read what I wrote about myself, realize this is 4 handed, and think about it.

While you're doing that, I'm going to go cry about the forum split.

numeri 11-27-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold too much

[/ QUOTE ]
Suppose SB has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Would it be worth it then to C/R the turn vs. a TAG? If not, is there a type of player where you would try it?

brazilio 11-27-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold too much

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an obvious slowroll, and you've got zero redraws on a 3 to a straight 3 to a flush board. 3/6 isn't semibluffing territory, and this is easy.

POKhER 11-27-2005 06:09 PM

This is one CONFUSING post.

Anyhow, AQ played it standardly.

AA played it bad considering his read on villan(AQ.
When a tag caps preflop, Bet/calls the flop then C/r the turn i think you can let AA(with no redraw) go.

ATo - Played it ok, folding the flop i think would be a bit weak.