Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do i d (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376335)

TStoneMBD 11-11-2005 10:52 AM

oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do i d

30/60 7 handed

i raise from the CO with QQ, button (42/25/1.75) coldcalls, blinds fold.

flop is T75 two spades

i bet, he calls

turn is offsuit A

i check with the intention of calling down

how did i do?

just for discussions sake, if i raised this from UTG instead in a 7 handed game does it alter the turn decision at all?

for those that like a bet do you like bet/call or bet/fold

11-11-2005 11:25 AM

Re: oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do i d

I bet this. I'm not used to playing these types of players thou. He has a large hand range here. My feeling is that he will call a majority of the times with hands that you beat. You also protect your hand from gutshot draws and the like.

It would be a bet/call, thats given no extra reads. Reasess on the river. Maybe check/fold with a river flush card.

Trent.

Spicymoose 11-11-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe check/fold with a river flush card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what line is best, but this surely can't be right. He will often bluff that scare card with his busted KQ or KJ.

jba 11-11-2005 11:50 AM

Re: oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do

this is surprisingly tricky. I'm always amazed at how "I have QQ out of position and an ace hits, what now" can keep being a new question.

anyways, I'm going to throw out this suggestion:

check/call the turn. If he has total BS or a pocket pair or FD or whatever there is a good chance he'll try to pick up the pot here. there is also a good chance he'll raise these hands if we bet (along with raising his Ax hands) and that is a tough spot.

then bet/call the river - don't let all his pairs check behind. this guy just seems to aggressive to fold there, but maybe I'm a fish.

I'm actually thinking we're in a better spot when we raise this UTG - a lot less cheesy aces calling in that spot, I would guess. I like to check out their CC% in situations like this, even for 45/25 guys this will vary wildly.

fyodor 11-11-2005 11:51 AM

I think you should be betting, unless you are positive this guy will bluff bet for you. Otherwise you are giving him a free card with a flush draw, or with KJ, or JT, or whatever.

If raised, I fold, unless this guy bluff raises a lot. But if he is that kind of a bluffer, he is probably the same guy you can check too.

fyodor 11-11-2005 11:54 AM

If you are checking, what makes it easier to play is if you have done a noticable amount of check raising recently. He is then less likely to bluff, and it makes folding easier.

TStoneMBD 11-11-2005 12:03 PM

why would i want him to check behind with bluffs? im not checkfolding and im checking hoping he tries to move me off my hand.

TStoneMBD 11-11-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always amazed at how "I have QQ out of position and an ace hits, what now" can keep being a new question.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i know, these posts come up all the time so my thread is boring. its still a situation i have trouble handling tho and i need your help to make me stronger.

jba 11-11-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm always amazed at how "I have QQ out of position and an ace hits, what now" can keep being a new question.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i know, these posts come up all the time so my thread is boring. its still a situation i have trouble handling tho and i need your help to make me stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I wasn't being sarcastic at all. my point was QQ on a T75A board with two spades heads up against a 45/25/2 is night and day different than AJ2r four way against a bunch of loose passives, etc. I like your post and was commenting on how many different situations there are and how the best course varies widely depending on the tiniest things....

setjes 11-11-2005 12:12 PM

I like the c/c turn and river line against players that leave me a hard decision when get raised and may very well (bluf)bet themselves. So I like it