Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AKs Near the Bubble (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404807)

RacersEdge 12-25-2005 12:52 AM

Re: AKs Near the Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I see those lines - but if you are going all in on a call or a raise, why not get to the same point with a push on the flop right away?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some incredibly flawed thinking in your spot. And you should try figure out why before ever playing a hand of poker again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good point - should help my stack building by dialing in the correct bet in these situations.

ansky451 12-25-2005 01:06 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

My point is that if you think you are going to get raised and have to call--- and you have a hand as strong as yours- that is VASTLY superior to just pushing right away. If he has the intention of bluff raising- you lose value. If he is capable of folding Ax there if you push- you lose value. By just pushing you make things real easy for him.

RacersEdge 12-25-2005 01:14 AM

That's what I mean - not going all-in and collecting that value will better for your stack than just winning the hand alone.

betgo 12-25-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet half pot-ish. Insta call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a half pot bet, as it might be interpreted as weakness, and it gets enough in to set up a push on the turn.

Since hero posted this, I assume villain most have had a set.

RacersEdge 12-25-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since hero posted this, I assume villain most have had a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called PF with AT.

RacersEdge 12-25-2005 01:49 PM

No one really commented on the bubble part of this hand.

Is there anyone who becomes the dreaded weak-tight here IF the goal were to finish in the money?

Does a bigger PF raise make more sense here - maybe to 5BB, again if finishing ITM is a goal?

12-25-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you at with respect to the bubble? Looks like somewhere around 60th-70th place as a guess. What are the stack sizes between 80th-90th? Those are likely to be small and will go fast. Hard to discuss further without knowing this.

Regardless, I don't know that the bubble consideration enters into it that much, if at all. You have a strong hand with a chance to extract a sizeable penalty from big stack, although it would be ok if the opponent folds. At worst, you take a beat and miss a minor payday. At best, you double up and give yourself a chance for a better payday.

I agree with the others to bet out strong and be prepared to go all the way. If close to the bubble on a medium-ish to small-ish stack, this is a nice situation to be in.

CieloAzor 12-25-2005 02:02 PM

Nothing changes. Just bet 2k and call a push. Nothing difficult about this hand.

betgo 12-25-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there anyone who becomes the dreaded weak-tight here IF the goal were to finish in the money?

Does a bigger PF raise make more sense here - maybe to 5BB, again if finishing ITM is a goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was an MTT.

ansky451 12-25-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if finishing ITM is a goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that be a goal?