Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Multi-tabling and Seven Card Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115473)

PugX 08-22-2004 06:14 AM

Multi-tabling and Seven Card Stud

I'm a Texas holdem-player, and I have started to look at seven Card Stud. When I play holdem i multi-tabling.

What do you stud-players think about multi-tabling Seven card Stud? You lose some information not remembering the hands other people folded. How important is this? Is Stud a game which not so good for multi-tabling?

Best regards,

Pug

J5983 08-22-2004 06:39 AM

Re: Multi-tabling and Seven Card Stud

If you play at a table where pairing the doorcard means nothing, multi table all you want.

Al Mirpuri 08-22-2004 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play at a table where pairing the doorcard means nothing, multi table all you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Micro Limit Stud is definitely beatable without remembering upcards. Just bet what you have got.

Michael Davis 08-22-2004 08:23 AM

You can see when your opponent pairs his doorcard.

Yes, it sucks that you don't know if another exposed card was out. That is probably the biggest problem with multitabling stud. But just like hold 'em, stud is less profitable per table but more profitable per hour if you multitable.

Most important is when you are involved in a playable hand that you get a peek at the other upcards before they're folded. Sometimes, you even get screwed on this and it is awful when you are in late position with (47)4 or something.

-Michael

Andy B 08-22-2004 12:55 PM

I can't even multi-table playing hold'em. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TommyTutone 08-23-2004 11:33 AM

I like playing a couple of tables of hold'em with just one table of stud mixed in, preferably hi/lo. Downside is when you get dealt a 3-2 in hold'em and almost click raise before you realize what game you are playing.

Fiery Jack 08-23-2004 11:37 AM

Not being able to remember which cards are live has got to be a disadvantage in any stud game.

eg. Your opponent gets A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on 5th street and bets. But you can't remember how many Aces or Spades have been seen already. That can't be good.

Or suppose you need to fill a boat on the last card to win. Knowing how many of your outs are live makes the difference between folding and calling.

SevenStuda 08-23-2004 02:18 PM

Here's my view on multi-tabling; it's okay in moderation, like anything. I know a jack-ass who is a complete action-junkie who insists on playing upwards of 6 tables simultaneously. Just the other day this fool was playing 8 sit n' go tournaments at the same time. The idiot was constantly timing out and missing valuable information, but assured me that if he stuck to his 'ABC' game, he could afford to miss valuable information, and still increase his overall hourly rate. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if your missing out on what's going on at your table your obviously at a disadvantage, so it really depends what it's worth to you.

-Dimitri

akaLogic 08-23-2004 07:51 PM

You can play 2 stud tables at once and remember the cards on both tables with practice ... it's a little like playing 2 simultaneous blindfold chess games. Table 1, hold these cards, table 2, switch context and hold these cards. It's a lot of work, I actually think the biggest downside of 2 tables is what you miss in the play.

I like 1 stud, 1 omaha/holdem. You can sit out of the stud game when you get a flop hand without penalty.

CORed 08-25-2004 11:29 AM

I don't play much stud any more, in part because holdem is much better suited to multi-tabling. I can play two stud tables, but no more. The trouble with multi-tabling stud is that it is very easy to miss seeing the board cards of players who fold. This is critical information in stud. If you miss this information, you may be playing a dead hand and not realize it. A big monitor with no overlap might help, if you can actually pay attention to more than one table at a time. Personally, I can't really do that.