Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lay down pocket queens? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408226)

12-31-2005 01:04 PM

Lay down pocket queens?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Fairly standard raise on the preflop

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

At this point, I think I'm betting to find out how sure the villains are about their hands.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Did I have this right? With 4 to a flush and two other players still in the hand, I'm assuming that someone's got a 4th spade.

River: (5.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Now, with two other players still in and a flush on the board, I've assumed that one of the two had a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] higher than 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I folded. Correct?

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

jaxUp 12-31-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Lay down pocket queens?

I probably bet the turn and make that the last money I ever put it in. Your river fold was absoltely correct since you are not closing the action.

12-31-2005 01:51 PM

This is exactly how I would play it. I could see there being a case for a turn bet, though it seems pretty likely that you would get called (there's some possibility of getting raised, too).

bozlax 12-31-2005 02:00 PM

UGH-lee!

Jax is right...fire on more on the turn as the last money you put in. You'll either get raised by a made flush or you'll fold a made flush, and either way you're likely to get a free showdown. But you've been the only aggressor to this point, so if you weren't afraid of the flush on the flop they've got to be wondering why you suddenly are on the turn.

Wouldn't it be great to fold the 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn?

bozlax 12-31-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly how I would play it. I could see there being a case for a turn bet, though it seems pretty likely that you would get called (there's some possibility of getting raised, too).

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you are raised you bail. Easy peasy. But, if you don't bet then somebody's going to bet the river and you're going to have no idea why.

12-31-2005 02:07 PM

I see what you're saying, but what happens if you are called?

nomadtla 12-31-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see what you're saying, but what happens if you are called?

[/ QUOTE ]

You curse their mothers and plan to check or fold on the river.