Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   bb vs. sb against a tilting "tag" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397944)

milesdyson 12-13-2005 11:05 PM

bb vs. sb against a tilting \"tag\"

so basically this guy has been complaining all night about how many hands he's been getting owned on. i've "rofl"ed a couple times at some hands where he simply got owned. i was sitting with him earlier at another table where i 3-bet him with QQ and he capped AA in UTG. i called down and raised a river Q, and he cried. he said he has lost like $300 at 2/4 in about 90 minutes. he is suffering from tilt.

i'm in the big blind with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

it is folded to him in the small blind, and he raises.

i call (i usually fold this) let's say he's been stealing like 40% of the time in this situation and he's playing poorly postflop - should i be calling?

flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he bets, i call.

turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he bets, i call.

river 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he bets, i call...............

Russ McGinley 12-13-2005 11:06 PM

Re: bb vs. sb against a tilting \"tag\"

lollerskating is the better option.

milesdyson 12-13-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i have lollerskated all over him a few times.

Russ McGinley 12-13-2005 11:09 PM

then he is truly your bitch

Redd 12-13-2005 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are such fish. The proper play in this situation is a smdalmbb.

I think the preflop call is really dicey dude, but the rest of the hand I like.

Jinx 12-14-2005 12:39 AM

preflop is fine. Against a SB raise you really wanna be calling a ton of hands from the BB. Rest of the hand I like. If he wasn't tilting I might find a raise on the turn or the river, assuming he isn't gonna 3 bet a bluff.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 01:00 AM

I like the hand, although I might raise that river. Given his tilting, he may 3-bet a worse hand, and will probably call down with A-hi. And yeah, I'm calling a 3-bet.

milesdyson 12-14-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the hand, although I might raise that river. Given his tilting, he may 3-bet a worse hand, and will probably call down with A-hi. And yeah, I'm calling a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think he was tilting enough to 3-bet a worse hand. he'd probably pay off with an ace but that's about it for worse hands... so i don't think i like a river raise.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 01:10 AM

Don't you think he's calling with any pair here, such as pocket pairs, 76, A7, A4, etc.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to his tilting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

milesdyson 12-14-2005 01:16 AM

well i think just the fact that he's continuing to fire here is a bit unnerving - i don't know, but i think it narrows his range down quite a bit - sure A7 and pocket pairs is part of the range, but so are many possible queens, better jacks, or AA/KK/QQ/JJ.

it's all about getting him to call the raise i guess. he would pay off with a good ace most likely, but first of all he has to have one - i'm not sure he keeps betting them.