Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Odd line against a fairly aggressive opponent. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313379)

Entity 08-11-2005 10:22 PM

Odd line against a fairly aggressive opponent.

Party's $5/10. 5-handed but I'm posting it here anyway as the game was playing very much like a full ring $2/4 game with a LAG or two thrown in. My image is probably somewhat LAG but it's doubtful anyone at this table is paying much attention.

UTG folds. One somewhat aggressive player limps in middle position. He sees showdowns too often but is probably an average handreader, capable of folding when it's clear he's beaten but sometimes it takes a bit of convincing (usually multiple bets on a big street). Bad loose button limps. SB folds. I check in the BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Three to the flop.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet. Aggressive limper calls. Button folds.

Turn is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check. Aggressive limper bets. I call.

River is the 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet.

brettbrettr 08-11-2005 10:27 PM

Re: Odd line against a fairly aggressive opponent.

So you:

1. Figured him to fold to a turn c/r
2. Figured him to call the river bet?

SmileyEH 08-11-2005 10:29 PM

nice hand.

-SmileyEH

Shillx 08-11-2005 10:34 PM

Perfect. Nice hand.

KDawgCometh 08-11-2005 11:03 PM

fold to a river raise?

Entity 08-11-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold to a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insta-calling a river raise.

Blackdirt12 08-11-2005 11:52 PM

Why not raise the turn? Are you sure he's going to fold unless he has The A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Blackdirt12 08-12-2005 12:08 AM

You say fairly aggressive sees too many showdowns. If he has a heart I think he calls a turn raise and calls a river bet. Basically I think you're good more often then not and are missing a bet. Now, if he doesn't have a heart he probally folds to the CR, but then I doubt he'd call your river bet.

Entity 08-12-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You say fairly aggressive sees too many showdowns. If he has a heart I think he calls a turn raise and calls a river bet. Basically I think you're good more often then not and are missing a bet. Now, if he doesn't have a heart he probally folds to the CR, but then I doubt he'd call your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you checkraise and are 3-bet, what's your play? Also, how often are you seeing someone with the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] call a turn checkraise and a river bet?

Rob

private joker 08-12-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold to a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really lay down the third nuts against an aggressive player for 1 bet on the river? No way in hell I fold to a raise -- in fact, I *want* him to raise with likely a worse hand. I wouldn't 3-bet, obviously, but I'm calling this every day of the week and twice on Sunday.