Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   bubbble hand $15+1 turbo - i hate folding here (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408265)

pokerlaw 12-31-2005 03:08 PM

bubbble hand $15+1 turbo - i hate folding here

The shortstack has been sitting out the whole time. I called PF b/c when BB checked he would fold to a minimum bet despite the fact he should be pushing every hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t265)
Hero (t3370)
BB (t6575)
UTG (t3290)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets t400. Hero folds.

does anyone call or push this?

12-31-2005 03:11 PM

Re: bubbble hand $15+1 turbo - i hate folding here

Am I missing something? Or is this an easy push

bluefeet 12-31-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called PF b/c when BB checked he would fold to a minimum bet despite the fact he should be pushing every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. If this is the case, why aren't we leading this flop? If the only acceptable answer is 'because I flopped a straight, I want him to put money in the pot' - then why did we fold? Were you hoping to just check it down? Not busting your chops, just trying to understand the thought process. I'll give you my two-cents after...

12-31-2005 03:20 PM

On a scale of 1 to 10 this is retarded

12-31-2005 03:21 PM

Why would you complete if you were just gonna fold when you hit the best possible flop aside from AAA or 222?

pokerlaw 12-31-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I called PF b/c when BB checked he would fold to a minimum bet despite the fact he should be pushing every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. If this is the case, why aren't we leading this flop? If the only acceptable answer is 'because I flopped a straight, I want him to put money in the pot' - then why did we fold? Were you hoping to just check it down? Not busting your chops, just trying to understand the thought process. I'll give you my two-cents after...

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason i didn't lead the flop w a bet is that i am swelling it for later and he is calling with a lot of draws. i'm going to be ITM in 3 hands and if villain checked back (he was quite passive for a guy in his chip situation) i would bet the turn and move on.

when ITM hits, i dont want to have t1200 or so, so i want this pot to be as small as possible. of course, the way i played this I should jsut fold PF. If I push and get called, even a 20% chance of losing would be pretty bad ICM-wise i feel.

bah, this hand sucked though. villain showed 10d2o

SCfuji 12-31-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the way i played this I should jsut fold PF

[/ QUOTE ]

valenzuela 12-31-2005 04:01 PM

thats officially the worst hand that Ive ever seen posted on this forum. Folding is soooooo retarded.

bluefeet 12-31-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason i didn't lead the flop w a bet is that i am swelling it for later and he is calling with a lot of draws. i'm going to be ITM in 3 hands and if villain checked back (he was quite passive for a guy in his chip situation) i would bet the turn and move on.

when ITM hits, i dont want to have t1200 or so, so i want this pot to be as small as possible. of course, the way i played this I should jsut fold PF. If I push and get called, even a 20% chance of losing would be pretty bad ICM-wise i feel.

bah, this hand sucked though. villain showed 10d2o

[/ QUOTE ]

Understandable. We don't want to go broke here. Fair enough. Pushing over on a pot this size is a bit much anyway. We could talk at length regarding the benefits of leading and c-raising. But even the easiest - though perhaps not the wisest, of options would be to call here. In comparison to your stack, this pot isn't that big. Even though you give the draws, calling here, block/value leading on the turn would be one way to get you the cheap showdown. It's a good thing to recognize your livelihood here considering short-stack. But there was quite a bit of poker to be played yet in this hand before you were forced to make a difficult laydown. This flop just isn't the place.

12-31-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats officially the worst hand that Ive ever seen posted on this forum. Folding is soooooo retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i'm not the only one who thinks this