Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   People expect a mistake free war? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399776)

12-17-2005 01:49 AM

Re: People expect a mistake free war?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He broughtin a scope he had bought himself b/c the marines wouldnt supply him one (by scope i mean a sighting device, meant to be used with 2 eyes, I'm not gun expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm certainly no gun expert, your description is confusing me. Is it like binoculars? You don't use 2 eyes with any scope I know of. Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably bought a red-dot sight from Aimpoint or EOTech or maybe an ACOG. The Aimpoint M68 CCO used by the Army is a red-dot sight for rifles that allows the user to shoot with both eyes open. It looks like a scope but isn't, it doesn't provide any magnification. It's a piece of equipment that's nice to have but not really a necessity.

whiskeytown 12-17-2005 03:00 AM

funny you should say that..

I was just thinking how "Freedom of the Press" clearly didn't apply to all this instant press that the Internet gives and surely it shouldn't be constitutionally protected.

Blame the press - blame the democrats - blame the Iraqi's - anyone but the guy who started a war to raise profits for his oil buddies.

RB

MMMMMM 12-17-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what kind of morons would expect this Iraq war to be easy? Oh, wait, I think a couple people did.

[/ QUOTE ]

News flash: compared to most wars, this war is easy.

MMMMMM 12-17-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking how "Freedom of the Press" clearly didn't apply to all this instant press that the Internet gives and surely it shouldn't be constitutionally protected.

[/ QUOTE ]

???????

MMMMMM 12-17-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think its treason to make the parents of our boys buy their own body armor so they don't get killed or maimed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not treason, but our servicemen damn sure are entitled to be provided with the best protection money can buy.

12-17-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I find no difficulty in watching the heads of soldiers that should never have been sent to Iraq and contractors just trying to feed their families being chopped off.

MMMMMM 12-17-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I find no difficulty in watching the heads of soldiers that should never have been sent to Iraq and contractors just trying to feed their families being chopped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally misses the point.

BadBoyBenny 12-17-2005 05:33 PM

Well, the administration's cheerleading and denial of mistakes helps make this front page news.

[ QUOTE ]
Since Vietnam the media has made it almost impossible for the populus to support any war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

[ QUOTE ]
My basic underlying contention is that war is a dirty, nasty business and it's impossible to wage and win a war without some inevitably bad things happening...

[/ QUOTE ]

This and the inevitable media reaction should be considered when determining if a war is winnable, or when determining if it is worth the effort.

12-17-2005 06:08 PM

What war? To quote W, "Mission Accomplished".

12-17-2005 07:52 PM

War is a lot more than just overrunning a weak military, so, I respectfully disagree with you that I "totally missed the point."