Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How close is far enough? (Incest) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394125)

UncleRemus 12-08-2005 11:16 AM

How close is far enough? (Incest)

I went back 18 months into the archives, and was surprised that this topic hasn't yet been discussed in OOT. If it has and I somehow missed it, I apologize. Now...

I was having a discussion with a friend about a second cousin of mine who is fairly cute (I'd say 8, he'd go 10). By discussion, I mean he asked me if I'd nail her. This seemed a pretty clear no to me, but was called insane, and told "second cousin is plenty far." More drinks were had, and it turned into "What if you, like, knew, but didn't know. No no, hear me out, you know from some picture you saw of her family, but met her in a bar and she didn't have any idea who you were. So if she ever finds out, or the word ever gets to family and friend, you can deny knowing to your deathbed. She is a 10 brotha, who's gonna ask questions."

I must admit, this could change things a bit. I think I'll wait and see some general response before either admitting to it or bulshitting you guys and saying I wouldn't.

So how about the rest of you...

Second Cousin, call her a 9, both of you very much aware the other is of their blood. Hitting it?

What about in the "she has no idea" scenario?

If you answered no to either, how far away would she have to be to sway you? Also, anyone who would go first cousin? Do I hear sister? (Hopefully not...)

diebitter 12-08-2005 11:18 AM

Re: How close is far enough? (Incest)

Lord Byron went to sister, and he rocked. However, no for everyone else.

I wouldn't myself, but 2nd cousin sounds fair.

Whatever you do, don't listen to Coppola's commentary on Godfather 3 - this is all he talks about for a good part of it! WTF!

man 12-08-2005 11:22 AM

no, and no. you. are. related. to. them.

I think two of my cousins have hit on me before while drunk at weddings. I never tried to find out if they were or not. I'm from a snobby WASP family, too.

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 11:22 AM

I think it's fine as long as she doesn't bear a strong resemblance to your mother/sister

MelK 12-08-2005 11:24 AM

Everybody is related to everybody.

First cousins are usually off limits, with some exceptions.

Second cousins are completely fair game, there has never been any culture that has opposed that.

Peca277 12-08-2005 11:26 AM

I think second cousins are distant enough relations. Actually, I don't know who any of my second cousins are so who knows... maybe it's already happened [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If you won't nail her, I will. What's her number?

Another cousin question for you. Say your uncle marries a woman who has children from a previous marriage. They aren't technically blood relation, but they are your cousins for all intents and purposes. If she's a solid 10 would you nail her given the opportunity?

David04 12-08-2005 11:28 AM

Anyone that you would see at a family reunion is too close.

djoyce003 12-08-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think second cousins are distant enough relations. Actually, I don't know who any of my second cousins are so who knows... maybe it's already happened [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If you won't nail her, I will. What's her number?

Another cousin question for you. Say your uncle marries a woman who has children from a previous marriage. They aren't technically blood relation, but they are your cousins for all intents and purposes. If she's a solid 10 would you nail her given the opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

o hell yes

pokerdirty 12-08-2005 11:29 AM

depends, which state are you from?

http://www.lawprofessorblogs.com/tax...election04.gif

UncleRemus 12-08-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If she's a solid 10 would you nail her given the opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go as low as 6 if she can keep her mouth shut; 8 otherwise.

jba 12-08-2005 11:31 AM

I have a gigantic extended family. One of those families where the last 5-10 generations, everyone had 6-12 kids. I have a very uncommon last name, but if you drive through some neighborhoods in my hometown every other mailbox has my last name on it, but I have no idea who lives there.

One of my first days of high school I see this ridiculously hot chick in the halls and I was floored. asked around a bit and she has the same last name as my grandmother which was an even more obscure name, turns out she's my grandma's neice (dad's cousin). After that every time I saw her I could totally see my grandma's facial features and it sorta freaked me out and I never really thought she was that hot anymore.

every time I would meet a girl from this town I'd go home and tell my dad her last name and her mom's last name just to make sure

12-08-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think two of my cousins have hit on me before while drunk at weddings. I never tried to find out if they were or not. I'm from a snobby WASP family, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id bet this happens just as much in rich WASP families, as it does in trailer trash families.

Aces McGee 12-08-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that you would see at a family reunion is too close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine that a fair amount of these affairs happen AT family reunions.

-McGee

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Id bet this happens just as much in rich WASP families, as it does in trailer trash families.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, simply because it's less tempting to hook up with cousins when you live in a city than when you live in a town with 200 people and you're related to 80 of them.

BreakfastBurrito 12-08-2005 11:39 AM

I think in general it only matters to me whether I'm close to them in that family type way. Most of my first cousins are barely at that point. We see eachother once every 1-3 years at a wedding. We didn't really grow up together. It would be a close call. In fact, it's not that close. I'd do all the hot ones, with a little bit of hesitation. I've met one of my 2nd cousins out of perhaps 50 that I have. They'd be a stranger to me and I would not be at all disturbed by the fact that we're related somewhere along the line.

A sibling would be the only place I couldn't go, even if a long lost hot sister was presented to me.

12-08-2005 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, simply because it's less tempting to hook up with cousins when you live in a city than when you live in a town with 200 people and you're related to 80 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im comming from the POV that stupid WASPs do not want anything but WASP bloodline in their lineage, ie., the British Monarchy. For some reason, whenever I think of WASPs I think of pasty inbred rich people playing polo, could be just a stereotype though.

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im comming from the POV that stupid WASPs do not want anything but WASP bloodline in their lineage, ie., the British Monarchy. For some reason, whenever I think of WASPs I think of pasty inbred rich people playing polo, could be just a stereotype though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a broader term than you realize I think, it's not just "blue bloods". Probably applies to quite a few people here.

12-08-2005 11:48 AM

Aye, I should have said "snobbish" WASP families, as the guy who brought it up said.

mmbt0ne 12-08-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that tells us is whether you are going to be nailing your male or female cousin.

samjjones 12-08-2005 11:54 AM

If its good enough for Commodus, its probably good enough for me.

xadrez 12-08-2005 12:04 PM

This is not a big deal. Marrying 1st cousins was a normal practice for centuries. I have relatives in other parts of the world who have married 1st cousins. Also, the likelihood of having a baby with deformities is greatly exagerrated (though indeed present).

Didnt the cousin taboo stem from property ownership laws or something? I remember reading that somewhere.

FWIW, Id say "NO" to 1st cousins for sure. Maybe cause Im close to all of them since birth. 2nd and on, I would defintately do it.

MelK 12-08-2005 12:23 PM

The more interesting question are your close non-blood relatives.

Sister-in-law?

First cousin-in-law?

Aunt? (say you Uncle marries a person your age and then they divorce)

None of these have any blood relation to you

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sister-in-law?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]
First cousin-in-law?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, obviously

[ QUOTE ]
Aunt? (say you Uncle marries a person your age and then they divorce)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...who says they have to be divorced?

MelK 12-08-2005 12:32 PM

So you'd go with your sister-in-law while she is still married to your brother?

Would you do your wife's sister while you are still married?

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you'd go with your sister-in-law while she is still married to your brother?

Would you do your wife's sister while you are still married?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, different situation. If my uncle is going to be a scumbag and marry a girl half his age he had better realize he's going to get cheated on, so it might as well be me.

Dominic 12-08-2005 12:35 PM

second cousin is perfectly legal. Hell, it's even allowed in the Catholic Church!

MelK 12-08-2005 12:38 PM

Some people have Uncles that are close to their own age.

TheMainEvent 12-08-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people have Uncles that are close to their own age.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I wouldn't do it but that's not what I was picturing.

My point is, when old men go around trying to monopolize all the young tang, all rules of engagement are off. If you mess with the natural order of things you have to live with the consequences.

MelK 12-08-2005 01:03 PM

So you are being situational. What if your brother were a real scumbag, would there be some scumbaggyness that would be reason enough to do the sister-in-law?

B00T 12-08-2005 01:09 PM

About 2 years ago I was working for Sam Adams as a sales rep. We had a national meeting in Boston where we were in groups doing various projects/promotions. We all went out one night to dinner at this steakhouse. There were about 9 of us there and were ordering many bottles of wine and any kind of alcohol you could imagine.

We were all just telling random stories about god knows what. Then this one kid begins to tell his story. His name was Beau, I remember it like it was yesterday.

He was telling this story how he was working at some bar and started talkin to some girl. They are drunk, she ends up going home with him. They have sex, and she stays over. The next morning they were talking about getting breakfast and he says he really wants some chocolate chip cookies and he has loved them ever since he was younger. She joins in saying yes, my grandmother made the absolute best chocolate chip cookies. He is like no [censored], me too. They start talking about how there was like a falling out between his dad and the grandmother and they dont talk to each other anymore. Then he asks where she lives, yada, yada, yada. They finally put 2+2 together and yea, they are first cousins and didnt even know it.

He is telling this story with a gigantic smile on his face like totally amused. The rest of us were in shock that he would voluntarily tell a story like this to a bunch of semi-strangers.

The funniest part is this kid was from Alabama, as all of us were in from all over the country. It just really topped off the story as he is saying it in a deep southern accent. It just confirmed to the rest of us "yanks" and "surfer dudes" that there are some really [censored] up people down in the south.

12-08-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that tells us is whether you are going to be nailing your male or female cousin.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow

RunDownHouse 12-08-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the likelihood of having a baby with deformities is greatly exagerrated (though indeed present).

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, 2.5 times more likely isn't negligible.

Amid Cent 12-08-2005 01:30 PM

First cousins - icky. Anything after that is fair game.

My true story: I went to high school with this one girl and became really good friends with her. Knew her parents, brother, etc. We both went to the same away to the same college and came thisssssss close to hooking up freshman year.

I transfer colleges and lose touch with her. 10 years later, I'm a family reunion and recognize her brother and parents. My first thought when I found out she was related was, "Holy Crap, did I bang this girl?". It turns out she's a fourth cousin, so well within the acceptable ickiness ratings.

ChipWrecked 12-08-2005 01:34 PM

No knock to our British posters, but Cheddar Man's descendent lived half a mile from his 9000 year old ancestor. You think there wasn't some blood lovin' going on there?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...It_Clinton.jpg

CieloAzor 12-08-2005 01:39 PM

I wish I had a sister, just so I could bang her.

jackdaniels 12-08-2005 01:42 PM

Yeah. I wish you had a sister too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

benza13 12-08-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
second cousin is perfectly legal. Hell, it's even allowed in the Catholic Church!

[/ QUOTE ]

And they overlooked preists banging altar boys for years, so their word is gold...

wdeadwyler 12-08-2005 01:48 PM

None of us want to have sex with our own sisters, given. How come we would 3some with hot twins then, even if the twins were lesbos. Is seeing OTHER people have sex with their siblings hot? (I will go on record as saying watching twins dyke it out would be amazing)

xadrez 12-08-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the likelihood of having a baby with deformities is greatly exagerrated (though indeed present).

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, 2.5 times more likely isn't negligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was this huge article I read last year in Incest Weekly, uh, I mean some science magazine that countered the claims that up to now were thought to be correct.

Basically it said that the chances of deformity, etc were the same for 1st cousins as it was for woman over 40 who have children. Anyway, I halfheartedly tried finding the article online and couldnt, whatever.

I do know for a fact that continued inbreeding with cousins over several generations WILL cause deformity. Hence, in places like Appalachia where people all live in the same town and never leave. Isolated incidents of cousin impregnating are different and cant be lumped in with cases where there could be inbreeding going back generations.

12-08-2005 02:33 PM

I was feelin' pretty down
'Till my girlfriend came around
We're just so alike in every way
I gotta say

In fact, I just thought I might
Pop the question there that night
I was kissing her so tenderly
But woe is me

Who would have guessed
Her family crest
I'd suddenly spy
Tattooed on her thigh
And son-of-a-gun
It's just like the one on me

Tell me
How was I supposed to know we were both related?
Believe me, if I knew she was my cousin we never would have dated
What to do now? Should I go ahead and propose
And get hitched and have kids with eleven toes
And move to Alabama where that kind of thing is tolerated?
No no no no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no

Take it from Weird Al:

No no no no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no

ScottieK