Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   All in for 50 hands = 20x buy in??? (Low on strategy/high on humor) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=164025)

FishInAPhoneBooth 12-18-2004 09:44 PM

All in for 50 hands = 20x buy in??? (Low on strategy/high on humor)

I just had the most surreal experience. On Pokerroom when you made deposit you get $10,000 of play money. Because I cash out/deposit regularly I always have $10,000 of play money where as people really trying to play with it only start with $1,000 and can reload to $1,000 2x a day.

A while ago I decided I should give away that play money because I really would have appreciated the same when I was a play money player. Usually I sit at a table announce I don’t care about the play money and will be all in every hand until I am busted. This strategy (can you even call it that?) last about a round or two until people usually realize I am serious after showing 72o a time or two when they folded.

Today I sat at a full $25/$50NL table, announced my intentions, and bought in for the max $2,500. Within about 25 hands I had 25,000 going all in every hand except a few I folded accidentally. I also folded a few random hands to this idiot who couldn’t stop telling me how bad I sucked after I told him it was a x-mas giveaway.

I kept going all in like that until the entire table was busted. I am in shock most of them couldn't figure out to wait for an ace to call. More people came and 25 hands later I had $50,000 from my $2,500 buy in for $60,000+ chips. I gave back around $8,000 to someone I had sucked out with AK and KK at a private table to end up with about $54,000 in my account all by going all-in every hand from a $2,500 buy-in. God I wish winning real money were that easy.

Alobar 12-18-2004 09:52 PM

Re: All in for 50 hands = 20x buy in??? (Low on strategy/high on humo

lol, time to sell that [censored] on ebay!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Zetack 12-19-2004 03:30 PM

I was in a MTT once where a guy tilted and started pushing in on every hand. He lasted at least thirty minutes, maybe 40 before busting out. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen at a poker table. No matter how bad his hand, or how dominated he was, he would suck out. He did lose a few hands along the way, but always when he had the other player covered. He must've busted out 10-15 guys along the way.

Absolutely remarkable.

--Zetack

h_ven 12-19-2004 04:26 PM

Re: All in for 50 hands = 20x buy in??? (Low on strategy/high on humor)

I think I hold most all-ins in a row preflop in a cash game. 19X in a row, only lost about $120, too.

FishInAPhoneBooth 12-19-2004 04:29 PM

The exact same thing happened to me. A few early hands I had were fairly decent (KT/Ax/KJs/99) so after an initial suckout I had people covered after a few hands and could absorb a few losses. But i couldn't believe I would go all in with Q2o and some idiot would call with a dominated hand. My brother said Sklansky had an all-in theory to explain a related concept.

apd138 12-19-2004 05:23 PM

Re: All in for 50 hands = 20x buy in??? (Low on strategy/high on humor)

[ QUOTE ]
I think I hold most all-ins in a row preflop in a cash game. 19X in a row, only lost about $120, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats not a lot of $ but its a lot of buy ins concidering you were playing .02/.04.