Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   FF Tip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=325204)

TxSteve 08-29-2005 01:51 PM

FF Tip

Bettis out 2 weeks

Parker will start in week 1

lacticacid 08-29-2005 02:45 PM

Re: FF Tip

My RBs are:

McGahee, Barber, d. Davis, C. Williams, and L. Johnson.

Would anyone drop either D. Davis or C. Williams to pick up W. Parker. Davis is scaring me a bit and his opening schedule looks a bit rough.

SossMan 08-29-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My RBs are:

McGahee, Barber, d. Davis, C. Williams, and L. Johnson.

Would anyone drop either D. Davis or C. Williams to pick up W. Parker. Davis is scaring me a bit and his opening schedule looks a bit rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are in my league, please drop d.davis.

thank you.

wh1t3bread 08-29-2005 02:58 PM

No and No.

TxSteve 08-29-2005 03:16 PM

no.

parker is likely to only start in week 1; so you're much better holding on to what you've got

for people with weak RB's and or a free roster spot; I think parker will be a good temporary point scorer. He's looked good so far in preseason

Sluss 08-29-2005 05:16 PM

Does anyone else think that Bettis's injury could be a bit more serious than is being reported? I mean there was no contact. He just started running then went down like he was shot in the leg. Doesn't that almost always turn out to be a more serious injury?

The Armchair 08-29-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think that Bettis's injury could be a bit more serious than is being reported? I mean there was no contact. He just started running then went down like he was shot in the leg. Doesn't that almost always turn out to be a more serious injury?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think his injury needs to be that serious in order for Parker to be a viable pickup, especially in dynasty leagues. Bettis is old. Staley is not quite as old but has a history of injury problems. Parker, playing in Week 17 versus a do-or-die Bills defense, went ape for 100+ yards on 19 carries. That's right -- a good defense versus second-string players allowed this kid to put up big numbers.

Fantasy football is about high-risk, high-reward players, at least after round six or seven. Parker may be a spectacular flameout, but when we're talking dropping a backup TE or Marcel Shipp, it's a no-brainer.

MarkL444 08-29-2005 06:09 PM

how hurt is staley?

BadBoyBenny 08-29-2005 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think his injury needs to be that serious in order for Parker to be a viable pickup, especially in dynasty leagues. Bettis is old. Staley is not quite as old but has a history of injury problems. Parker, playing in Week 17 versus a do-or-die Bills defense, went ape for 100+ yards on 19 carries. That's right -- a good defense versus second-string players allowed this kid to put up big numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My keeper league drafted last night. We have 7 keepers. 8 next year, and 9 then next. 12 teams.

Parker went second to last in the second round of drafting. 23rd overall or 107th overall with keepers included.

Was this too high? Do you think the Steelers will ever play someone like Willie without having him split carries with a larger back?

TxSteve 08-29-2005 06:46 PM

i think staley is only supposed to miss the first 3-4 weeks of the regular season....but i could be wrong