Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   King Yao Starting Hand Chart (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397368)

Hallett 12-13-2005 02:49 AM

King Yao Starting Hand Chart

There are numberous versions of Ed Miller's starting hand charts out there, in both PDF and Excel format. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of a similar chart for Yao. I am trying to do a comparison of the two. Appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Niediam 12-13-2005 03:22 AM

Re: King Yao Starting Hand Chart

That would be copywritted material.

SoftcoreRevolt 12-13-2005 03:24 AM

Surely a King would not mind!

Hallett 12-13-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be copywritted material.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you don't have a copy Miller's chart either then. I own the book. I own Miller's book. I wrote my own for Miller. I found a better copy out there to replace mine. I don't suppose for a minute that Ed would be pissed about it, and I would think any court would laugh at my measly little chart. I was hoping I could find on for Yao's book as well, but if not, I can make my own.

By the way, the word you were trying to reference is "copyrighted".

Niediam 12-13-2005 05:39 AM

Laugh,I almost can't believe I wrote copywritted. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, it would appear that its 'ok' for the SSH chart to be here as neither Mason or Ed have said anything about it (as far as I know) but it's totally different to reproduce the work here of an author of a different publishing company without permission.

Mason Malmuth 12-13-2005 06:05 AM

We don't appreciate that our copyrighted material be reproduced for commercial purposes, and we take this seriously when it does happen.

MM

Mason Malmuth 12-13-2005 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are numberous versions of Ed Miller's starting hand charts out there, in both PDF and Excel format.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's news to me.

MM

Jeff W 12-13-2005 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be copyrighted material.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? From the U.S. Copyright Office FAQ:

[ QUOTE ]
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

[/ QUOTE ]

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
How do I protect my idea?
Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zim 12-13-2005 08:40 AM

Heh ..

I take it you guys don't visit the micro-forum much, eh?

Z.

TimsterToo 12-13-2005 09:33 AM

Re: Heh ..

[ QUOTE ]
I take it you guys don't visit the micro-forum much, eh?

Z.

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't even ever read the faq as the link to the starting hand charts thread where they are offered in Excell and PDF is in it.

But I think Mason saying "commercially" is what is important in this discussion. If you try to sell a chart saying that it's the SSHE chart they will seriously oblige.