Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU TOURNAMENT LEADERBOARD SIDEBET THREAD (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395049)

durron597 12-09-2005 04:25 PM

HU TOURNAMENT LEADERBOARD SIDEBET THREAD

If you are interested in participating in a NCAA-leaderboard type competition, please reply to this thread and how much you are interested in playing for (it will probably be either $100 or $500).

The bracket can be found here

Click on "Predict it!" at the top of the page, and submit your entry (you have to register). We can work out the payment details later, since they are separate from the "Predict it!" engine.

Someone should also be nominated/volunteer to hold the money in escrow (I do not want to be the one to do it).

Yeti 12-09-2005 04:27 PM

Re: HU TOURNAMENT LEADERBOARD SIDEBET THREAD

Someone please explain how an NCAA-leaderboard type competition works.

lapoker17 12-09-2005 04:30 PM

You just pick the winners for every match all the way through - but you do it all before the first match is played. Then each winning selection is assigned a point value - maybe 1st round is worth 1 point, 2nd 2 etc. Then at the end, the person who has the most points wins. It's really simple - hope this makes sense.

durron597 12-09-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just pick the winners for every match all the way through - but you do it all before the first match is played. Then each winning selection is assigned a point value - maybe 1st round is worth 1 point, 2nd 2 etc. Then at the end, the person who has the most points wins. It's really simple - hope this makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that the later rounds get more points is because you had to get the previous rounds right in order to get the correct answer for the later rounds (obviously).

Yeti 12-09-2005 04:34 PM

Ok, thanks. I pretty much figured that, was mainly interested in the scoring.

yvesaint 12-09-2005 04:40 PM

im up for this, but we should get this rolling before the 1st matches start (obviously)

im in for 100-200 range...

theBruiser500 12-09-2005 04:45 PM

i'm in for whatever you guys want to bet

flawless_victory 12-09-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in for whatever you guys want to bet

[/ QUOTE ]

whitelime 12-09-2005 04:48 PM

Are you allowed to be in if you're playing?

AJo Go All In 12-09-2005 04:49 PM

ok