Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Stuck in the middle with AK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372110)

private joker 11-04-2005 09:19 PM

Stuck in the middle with AK

SB is a whatever kinda player. The only time I've confronted him, just a few hands ago, I raised PF with AK, he called with AT, bet into me on a A77 flop, and I popped him on the turn and he called me down. He's probably upset with me.

CO is an aggressive/thinking player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds...

Duffman 11-04-2005 09:22 PM

Re: Stuck in the middle with AK

I like it.

Nick C 11-04-2005 09:33 PM

I might give up on the turn.

You're probably behind, and there's a good chance you're drawing to a chop with CO. If so, that's 4 outs to a chop, or effectively 2 outs.

If, instead, CO is waiting to pop the turn behind you, well, it's not going to be much fun to pay 2 BBs to get to the river when you might be drawing dead, and folding a potential 6 outs for one more bet (if it gets raised behind you) wouldn't be much fun either.

private joker 11-04-2005 09:38 PM

Well, I'm folding to a turn raise -- but if I'm drawing, I think I have 6 clean outs because CO is either calling with some sort of PP. But you're right, if he has AK/AQ, I'm chopping a lot.

toss 11-04-2005 09:42 PM

I also want to fold the turn because you and CO may be sharing outs. SB may also have you drawing slim or dead.

El Ishmael 11-04-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but if I'm drawing, I think I have 6 clean outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the times SB has AA/KK, which is probably a good ~30% of the time.

bobhalford 11-05-2005 12:59 PM

I fold the turn here because of the possibility of it getting raised behind you and also because you may be beat or may have to chop if an A or K hits.

Borodog 11-05-2005 02:07 PM

I don't like it at all. You have the best hand here never, don't know how many outs you have, if any at all, can get raised behind you, etc.

mowz 11-05-2005 02:12 PM

You will be drawing to tainted outs enough to make this a turn fold IMO.

Fishlips_Jones 11-05-2005 03:10 PM

Given your reads, CO could easily have a small pair when he reraises you preflop; and SB could have anything, but probably some suited broadways most likely.

Post flop, your AK is marginal. Fold or raise seems right to me. I would lean towards raising the flop bet by SB, and fold to aggression...but I would call if it was just one back to me. Maybe ( I would strongly suspect AA or KK to be out against me).

Maybe the pot's too big to fold?

Fishlips