Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2 Fat Cats vs. Raccoon (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254451)

tinga81 05-18-2005 03:51 AM

2 Fat Cats vs. Raccoon

I was sitting here, winding down my evening of wins and suckouts, and while I was reading the forum, my cats start freaking out. They are doing their nightly routine of sitting by the window looking outside. After some hissing, and some batting at the screen, the two of them are going nuts! I suppose it was a raccoon, or other small animal. Well, whatever it was, it managed to jump up at the screen a few times and managed to startle myself and a friend.

Still, more than 20 minutes later, and these 2 are trying to look out the window to see what's going on. I think they want a chunk of this thing.

So, I pose this question.

jakethebake 05-18-2005 08:42 AM

Re: 2 Fat Cats vs. Raccoon

My friends cat used to win fights with raccoons and he was just one cat.

miajag81 05-18-2005 08:49 AM

Possibly a case of MAD because even if the cats won there is a good chance of them contracting rabies.

jackdaniels 05-18-2005 09:01 AM

I would lay 2 to 1 in favour of the cats. Ofcourse, I wouldn't want MY cats to get hurt in this melee (as they probably would). I also expect at least one of the cats would not survive this encounter against a grown racoon.

Either way, cats are predators by nature and racoons are scavengers - my money goes on the 2 cats.

Lazymeatball 05-18-2005 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Possibly a case of MAD because even if the cats won there is a good chance of them contracting rabies.

[/ QUOTE ]
not if they are vaccinated, or if the racoon does not have rabies. I disagree with your statement of there being a "good chance." However both animals would be highly susceptible to infection from any bite wounds received.

samjjones 05-18-2005 09:56 AM

The raccoon, and its not even close.

jackdaniels 05-18-2005 10:46 AM

Thats a bold statement. But after reading this I may have to revise the odds I'm laying to depend on the relative weights of the animals. A racoon can weigh over 100 pounds?!?!??! Now thats CRAZY!

jakethebake 05-18-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a bold statement. But after reading this I may have to revise the odds I'm laying to depend on the relative weights of the animals. A racoon can weigh over 100 pounds?!?!??! Now thats CRAZY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. No way. I don't believe that...unless it's come kind of genetic hybrid raccoon-bear. I was talking an average raccoon against a regular old tough neighborhood tomcat.

Lazymeatball 05-18-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that rant was very anti climactic and really has no bearing on the topic at hand

Shajen 05-18-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. No way. I don't believe that...unless it's come kind of genetic hybrid raccoon-bear. I was talking an average raccoon against a regular old tough neighborhood tomcat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake, you grew up in Tx, right? When I lived there (outside of Houston) our dogs were afraid of the raccoons. We had several German Shepherds, and they'd leave the porch when the raccoons came out to eat their dog food. Seriously. I've seen several the size of large dogs.

Of course, everything is bigger in Tx. It just is.