Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Need help finding a player a job... and then a game, in Boston area (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371180)

Lottery Larry 11-03-2005 04:43 PM

Need help finding a player a job... and then a game, in Boston area

One of my regulars is planning on relocating to the Boston area (he grew up there). Can anyone out there help him out with some feelers about a job? After we get that taken care of, we can see what home games can use a good, regular player.

In his own words:
"I'm flexible about where in Boston to go... within 20-25 miles of the city is fine. I'm mostly a Web programmer, (Perl/Java) so thats what I'm looking for."

(and no, he doesn't know I'm doing this) :P

Thanks for any help
LL

11-03-2005 05:18 PM

Re: Need help finding a player a job... and then a game, in Boston area

monster.com is our friend

Monster search for IT jobs in Boston

Lottery Larry 11-03-2005 05:21 PM

Thanks, but anyone could have done that. I was looking for something a little more inside-path than a simple job search (he's already been doing some interviews up there)

FouTight 11-03-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a player a job... and then a game, in Boston are

[ QUOTE ]
monster.com is our friend

Monster search for IT jobs in Boston

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends...

and you sir, choose very poorly.

11-03-2005 07:51 PM

it got me my current job.

I didnt realize you were looking for something inside, was just trying to help out.

Getting into the IT field myself I know its sometimes difficult to find the right people/company.

Lottery Larry 11-04-2005 12:30 AM

I appreciate the thought, but yes, a simple search is not something that needs assistance.

Thank you, though
LL

Lottery Larry 11-29-2005 11:52 AM

Anyone have any help they can give?

MrMoo 11-29-2005 12:43 PM

Can't really offer much of an inside track.

You might have your buddy check out Mazu Networks. The CEO is a former executive officer of the company I worked for before being acquired (Guardent Inc.). Should be your typical start up company which will have a pretty good work enviroment. A friend of mine might also be hired on soon into an HR position there. If she does take the job, I'll ask her about open positions and post anything I find in this thread.

If your buddy doesn't mind a drive, I'd also recommend checking for positions at Verisign in Providence. They're constantly hiring developers. Although I believe their strategy is to bring them in initially as contractors. It's about an hour comute from Cambridge but there are several people to car pool with. If he finds a position he's well suited for here, I may be able to help out a little. At least for the next month or so.

Lottery Larry 11-29-2005 12:49 PM

Thanks, I'll pass this along and let you know if any followup would help him out.