Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   $0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387777)

lem45216 11-29-2005 05:48 PM

$0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive.

Hi all. I've just switched over to Limit HE from the sngs to see how i fair so i'll probably be frequenting this forum for the forseeable future. Pleased to meet you all.

Anyway the hand below happened about 10 minutes into my limit career so i had no reads so far. I'm pretty sure I played it right, but am not sure about my play on the river. I'd be grateful if you could give your opinions on the whole scenario.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, MP1 raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, SB calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](4 players)
SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Thanks everyone.

jaxUp 11-29-2005 05:50 PM

Re: $0.5/1 KK Hand. Was I too aggressive.

I like it until the river cap. I think I like a raise, because I have a hard time putting him on a FD. I think a set is much more likely. Once he 3-bets, it's time to call.

Welcome to the micros.

bozlax 11-29-2005 05:52 PM

Ooft. I think you're clearly up against a spade draw that didn't want to give you a freebie on the turn. I just call the river bet, and hope to see JJ. Up to the river, tho, I'm on board.

silly_monkey 11-29-2005 05:53 PM

No. MP1 raised preflop and 3 bet the flop. I think the chances that you are up against a flush a pretty small. I'd cap here and like it. I think the only hand you should be afraid of is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

MadMat 11-29-2005 05:53 PM

I think I'd have just called the 3-bet on the river, I think you have to start to be a little wary of the flush at that point - apart from that all the other streets look great to me!

sean c 11-29-2005 05:56 PM

Villian may have backed into a flush with the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Unlikely but possible. Right or wrong i would have capped the river.

RiverDood 11-29-2005 05:56 PM

Make sure you put SB on your buddy list. Anyone who plays the flop like he did can brighten up a whole table!!

11-29-2005 05:59 PM

We are just calling that river bet. He could be playing the flop aggressively with top pair and the flush draw, based on the stop & go turn action. If he's bluffing the scare card on the river, he loses 1 bet when we call him down. If he has a legitimate hand we cannot beat, then we are getting 3-bet here often. I am calling this against most villains, except the most lagtard. The other streets are standard.

Coolidge 11-29-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd have just called the 3-bet on the river, I think you have to start to be a little wary of the flush at that point - apart from that all the other streets look great to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

DCWildcat 11-29-2005 06:17 PM

Villain's line is goofy as hell.

There's no way I'm capping here though.