Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Vegas mid-range Eats (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295173)

burningyen 07-18-2005 05:51 PM

Re: Vegas mid-range Eats

Mandalay noodle shop.

bravos1 07-18-2005 06:00 PM

One other thing.. possibly not exactly what you were looking for, but the Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay has awesome burgers, but is a bit pricey.. especially for a burger.

SamIAm 07-18-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that also begs the question of where to go for a buffet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If you care, that's not what "begs the question" means.
-Sam

MonkeeMan 07-18-2005 06:30 PM

Au contraire, officious one.

From the same linky:
[ QUOTE ]
More recently, to beg the question has been used as a synonym for "to raise the question", or to indicate that "the question really ought to be addressed". For example, "This year's budget deficit is half a trillion dollars. This begs the question: how are we ever going to balance the budget?" This usage is often sharply criticized by proponents of the traditional meaning, but has nonetheless come into sufficiently widespread use that it is now the most common use of the term.

[/ QUOTE ]

SheridanCat 07-18-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I rate them thus:

1) Wynn
2) Paris - champagne only on Sundays, btw
3) Bellagio
4) Cafe Lago - Caesars
5) Aladdin

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rate it Bellagio, Wynn, then Paris

Just ate at Cafe Lago yesterday and it has definately gone down. For $22, we got NO selection at all and half of the buffet was empty. May of just been a bad time (~ 1:30pm)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sad, I liked that place. I really think Wynn wins out for selection, desserts and overall atmosphere. I ate in the atrium, which had actual daylight, so that was nice.

I really don't like the Bellagio desserts. So sad.

Regards,

T

steamboatin 07-18-2005 08:46 PM

Avoid the Excalibur buffet at all costs!

SamIAm 07-18-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Au contraire, officious one.

[/ QUOTE ]Right. I can say "Ther ain't nothin' wrong with that there phrasing." and you'll understand my meaning.

I've heard people use "literally" to mean "extremely" a whole lot. "It's literally raining cats and dogs." That don't make it right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

JihadOnTheRiver 07-18-2005 10:39 PM

Try 'Little Buddha' at the Palms. It was actually some of the best Asian food I've ever had. Crusted Scallops with the Palms' Roll was excellent.

Sandstone 07-18-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Avoid the Excalibur buffet at all costs!

[/ QUOTE ]
My friends got food poisoning there last time. Real sign of quality.

Guy Incognito 07-18-2005 10:56 PM

Il Fornaio at NYNY (Italian) falls in your price range, and was very good when I went, but it's been awhile.