Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WTF is up with the Full Tilt jerseys? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369968)

11-01-2005 09:11 PM

WTF is up with the Full Tilt jerseys?

Don't they realize how much of freakin tools they are when they wear them, especially Lederer

Dynasty 11-01-2005 09:13 PM

Re: WTF is up with the Full Tilt jerseys?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

11-01-2005 09:14 PM

I think the pros have a right... and probably a contract.

Everyone else... total toolage.

I feel like wearing a shirt to the wsop with white text that says "I refuse to advertise"

Russ McGinley 11-01-2005 09:15 PM

It's either wear a FT jersey or have GoldenPalace.com tattooed on a body part.

benkahuna 11-01-2005 09:34 PM

Those jerseys can only be gotten if you're a contracted pro or win a special FTP tourney.

I'm not a fan of the hockey one, but I like th bowling shirt.

dibbs 11-01-2005 09:48 PM

I think the sponsorship of Knob Creek was featured on Lederers hat was interesting, wonder how that connection came about. Hopefully he got a bunch of crates of it or something, barells of the stuff. Now I'm thirsty.

I recall three or four posts recently with people on here asking how they can get these jerseys, hopefully theyll pipe up and defend themselves.

Kevmath 11-01-2005 09:58 PM

Lederer and I think Lindgren have sponsorships from Knob Creek, which are not allowed under WPT rules.

idrinkcoors 11-01-2005 09:58 PM

They aren't very flattering IMO. Seeing the "Quiet Lion" guy wearing one was hilarious. As if I'm going to follow his endorsement. I don't think big middle age while guys or Juanda should be wearing baseball or hockey jerseys. It just ain't right.

benkahuna 11-01-2005 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the sponsorship of Knob Creek was featured on Lederers hat was interesting, wonder how that connection came about. Hopefully he got a bunch of crates of it or something, barells of the stuff. Now I'm thirsty.

I recall three or four posts recently with people on here asking how they can get these jerseys, hopefully theyll pipe up and defend themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were giving away shots of the stuff on the Convention Center floor during the first three days of the tournament.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I got my fair share.

TightIsRight 11-02-2005 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those jerseys can only be gotten if you're a contracted pro or win a special FTP tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a jersey with any ("appropriate") name and number for 25,000 frequent player points. (as seen here) It actually doesn't take that long if you're playing above the micro limits.

The bowling shirt is 12,000, but I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

To get a white "home" baseball jersey, however, you need to win a special tourney.

TeeJayORTj 11-02-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get a jersey with any ("appropriate") name and number for 25,000 frequent player points. (as seen here) It actually doesn't take that long if you're playing above the micro limits.

The bowling shirt is 12,000, but I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

To get a white "home" baseball jersey, however, you need to win a special tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to get like 5 or 6 of the Hockey jerseys for me and my friends and use them as uniforms for some intermural floor hockey league. That would kick ass.

11-02-2005 03:12 AM

I thought of wearing one that reads "Jesus kicks ass".

Bartman387 11-02-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those White baseball jerseys are their best. If they made the other jerseys in white I think they would look a lot better as well. That being said, I wouldn't mind getting a hockey jersey.

11-02-2005 06:05 AM

They stand out both on TV + in photos . Great marketing .

sthief09 11-02-2005 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lederer and I think Lindgren have sponsorships from Knob Creek

[/ QUOTE ]

you know your life is good when you're sponsored by bourbon

Python49 11-02-2005 09:01 AM

not everyone can be like phil ivey and rock the jersey successfully, holla

djcolts 11-02-2005 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting one after being in the top 40 for their Jersey SNG Challenge last month. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Wyers 11-02-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought of wearing one that reads "Jesus kicks ass".

[/ QUOTE ]

What about catching a little TV time sitting between an FTP and a UB shill while wearing a white 'T' proclaiming boldly "ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED!!".

Do you think they would ask you to remove your shirt (only to have it painted on your chest)?

cwsiggy 11-02-2005 12:09 PM

I think they are pretty cool.

11-02-2005 09:04 PM

I like the football jersey the best. However, I'm saving up to reach 1 million FTP's to be able to get my own avator.

Quicksilvre 11-02-2005 09:31 PM

You realize the Team FTP players probably have no choice in the matter, right?

tonypaladino 11-02-2005 11:05 PM

[censored]! I was just looking around their store. 1 Million Points for a custom avatar. WTF!

cwsiggy 11-02-2005 11:48 PM

They cost roughly $2000 to make. Obviously they are reserved for special tourney winners.

dynamite 11-03-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They cost roughly $2000 to make. Obviously they are reserved for special tourney winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm pretty sure it's closer to $100 million to make one.

whalekock 11-03-2005 02:31 AM

screw the points

benfranklin 11-03-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize the Team FTP players probably have no choice in the matter, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

They still look ridiculous. Chad had it right when he said something like a grown man shouldn't wear a hockey jersey in public unless he plays hockey for a living.

11-04-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't very flattering IMO. Seeing the "Quiet Lion" guy wearing one was hilarious. As if I'm going to follow his endorsement. I don't think big middle age while guys or Juanda should be wearing baseball or hockey jerseys. It just ain't right.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY white male over 30 should never wear a sports jersey adn by all means never have a player's name on the jersey if they decide to wear one.

Also, any fat white guy over 18 should never wear an NBA basketball jersey. That Stillman punk looked like Corky from Life Goes On.

Rasputin 11-04-2005 02:43 PM

Anyone been tracking the traffic at FullTilt during the main event?

r2p 11-04-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY white male over 30 should never wear a sports jersey adn by all means never have a player's name on the jersey if they decide to wear one.

Also, any fat white guy over 18 should never wear an NBA basketball jersey. That Stillman punk looked like Corky from Life Goes On.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will wear my Philadelphia Eagles jersey till the day I die and then you can bury me in it ! BTW I am 49 !

augie00 11-04-2005 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't they realize how much of freakin tools they are when they wear them, especially Lederer

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are kind of cool. If I ever get 25k Full Tilt Points maybe I will buy one.

11-04-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Touche.

11-07-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will wear my Philadelphia Eagles jersey till the day I die and then you can bury me in it ! BTW I am 49 !

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehhh, I'll grant Eagles fans a waiver since that whole freakin city wears them. :-)