Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Getting frustrated with the money I make (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406151)

mockingbird 12-27-2005 09:45 PM

Re: Getting frustrated with the money I make

Get a real job to cover expenses and save. Play fewer games or maybe one game at a time - concentrate on quality of play - concentrate - on improving your play and getting better.

Sounds like you're in a major rut.

Focused 12-28-2005 09:16 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I've taken them on board and feel I needed a kick up the ass. I'm refreshed and will be single minded in my climb to a more comfortable poker life. Happy New Year.

bones 12-28-2005 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be a subsistance poker player. Every month I make my profit and it goes on rent, bills, car etc. I don't seem to be getting ahead. I'm not able to move up in money level and so increase my profits.
I was wondering are there other people like me and how they have managed. I can't/don't want to get credit. I play $10/$20 sng's and feel my game is upto moving up but don't want to bust my bankroll as it's my living money.
I was also wondering if money games would be more profitable. I am proud of making a living from poker, but at the moment it's a small one and it's irritating reading articles about other guys making a very (comforatble) living. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about playing for a living is that you get out of it what you put into it. If you need more money, play more. If you want a higher ROI, study more. If you need a break, take a break. You don't have to ask your boss for any of this. Just requires some committment.

12-28-2005 09:44 AM

Post deleted by Cola

Mr_J 12-28-2005 09:58 AM

Not another one. I wish people would consider how much 10 tabling $22s can earn before they make posts like this.

12-28-2005 10:28 AM

Post deleted by Cola

Mr_J 12-28-2005 10:47 AM

50k per year working 23hrs a week, 42 weeks a year is really miserable isn't it. I'm not saying it's great, but it's far from miserable.

12-28-2005 10:49 AM

Post deleted by Cola

12-28-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you can play 5 tables you can make 10 bucks an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 tables of $20+2's would be more like $30/hour for a good player.

Mr_J 12-28-2005 10:58 AM

That's not the point, you basically said $22s wouldn't provide much of an income. While 50k is worthless to you, I think it's pretty silly for you to suggest it is for everyone else.